“A local Pub reminds me of the UK” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 154 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Pub, Fish & Chips, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Visit the Pig & Whistle Historic Pub and enjoy the warm historic atmosphere of one of the most popular bars in Rotorua. Craft Beer on tap, Kopiko Bay wines, Pub Meals and live entertainment every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Our friendly staff will make your visit one you'll want to repeat.Centrally located in a classic piece of bold 1940's architecture, the Pig & Whistle is a local landmark with a great history.Our pub menu includes favourites like Seafood Chowder, New Zealand Lamb Salad and Pork Spare Ribs and we cater to children also. Our Snack Menu is available from 11.30Am till Close, 7 Days a week and we have a great selection of desserts. We have big screen Hi Definition Sky Digital TV. Catch your favourite sport on one of the big screens.
Auckland
“A local Pub reminds me of the UK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

This is a great place to pop into on a a rainy day watch the sport, tv or have a meal.
Good selection of beer and the food is MASSIVE so if you're hungry this is the place to go.
The bar also has large tables for groups of people at the back we had 9 of us around the table with plenty of room. There's only two of these from what I could see.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“I call this my local in rotorua when I visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011 via mobile

Loved this place. The ribs were fantastic and huge too! The place was packed every time we went. The lamb is great too. Best place for dinner we found in Rotorua.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Fun, friendly pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I was on my own, and ate at the bar. Service was friendly, and it has a nice, traditional pub atmosphere. The ribs came highly recommended, but I wish I'd ordered something else. You get an enormous plate of ribs--nothing else--but they're not the kind you have to chew on, not the kind where the meat is tender all falls off the bone. The hamburgers looked great.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Hot Bartenders! Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Now i know where all the prety women in nz are hiding! The manager nikola was very friendly and made me and my mates feel welcome !! Great food! loved the twisty 'cheeeps' hahaha wiked cocktails and great live band , thumbs up rotorua!

Chatswood, Australia
“The best we could find in Rotorua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Had the plate of ribs, it was enormous! Also tried the lamb, which was really fantastic. The boutique Swine Lager, is not really anything spectacular, I found it to be a plain lager not worth recommending.