I booked the YHA looking at decent online reviews and as the higher rated places were sold out. The location is decently close to the bus stop if you are a budget traveller like me, but the room we got (ensuite for a couple next to the main entrance) was super tiny, the bathroom was musty smelling, and our's was the first window next to the main gate so everybody walking by could hear us. The room is so tight fit and there are no closets. The receptionist we met was also nit that great as we were asking for sight seeing tips and she wasn't particularly helpful especially when we were asking if one place is better than another. Her only job was to point at the pamphlet rack and say where to find the info.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Rotorua, a purpose built backpacker hostel in the central city for your complete Rotorua experience. Rotorua’s finest lodge, YHA Rotorua offers budget backpacker accommodation right beside Kuirau Park, Rotorua’s free geothermal attraction, and only two minutes walk from shops, cafes, restaurants and beautiful Lake Rotorua. There is a wide range of backpacker accommodation to choose from: 4 bed share rooms, 6 bed bunk rooms, triple room, standard double rooms, twin/double ensuite rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your YHA Rotorua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Treks Backpackers Rotorua
- Yha Treks Backpackers Hotel Rotorua