“Very welcoming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tresco Bed & Breakfast

You added Tresco Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Tresco Bed & Breakfast
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   3 Toko Street | Victoria, Rotorua, New Zealand   |
Ranked #30 of 49 Rotorua B&B and Inns
fife
“Very welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent 1 night here in December, and it was great. The room was spacious and comfortable. Everything was provided that you could ask for. Lovely, enthusiastic hosts who couldn't do enough for us - we could have talked for ages! Great breakfast and very close to the centre in a quiet street. Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Frank and his wife were fantastic hosts, with good recommendations for local restaurants and attractions. In addition to being a lovely place to stay with a delicious, cooked-to-order breakfast, they did have a room to accommodate a group of 3 (which was rare in our experience). The spa pool, complimentary internet service, and full bathroom amenities were added perks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Tresco Rotorua. Frank and Monica were lovely, and we felt very well taken care of here. The hosts take great pride in their B&B, and we felt as though we were special guests in their home. The whole establishment was very clean. Added bonuses were the spa pool and the excellent breakfasts.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights, mid-September and really enjoyed our stay. Frank and Monica were so welcoming and keen to make sure we had a good time. They are obviously very proud of their B&B and want everyone who stays to be comfortable. The breakfasts were amazing and the spa pool was just what was needed after a full-days sight-seeing. Good value for money.

Room Tip: We had a twin-room on the ground floor with our private bathroom opposite. This was really good but...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed at here in June 2012 for 3 days 2 nights. It's a charming little bed and breakfast,very homey : ) It was really clean and comfortable and quiet. Even though I stayed at the blue room which is considered one of the biggest room in the B&B but I still find the size to be considered at the small side. Also, I found that the B&B did not has good noise partition, so some people might find their privacy was being affected.

Apart from that, I could barely receive any wifi in my room (Blue Room). Instead I had to go online (with the use of Wifi) at the common area which has a warmth and home style ambience. However, it has an excellent and central location, 7 mins walking distance to the city centre and restaurants, cafes as well as supermarket.

On top of that, they provide complementary airport pick up which is a bonus too as the airport is far away to the city and the airport shuttle is not considered frequent, almost 1 every 30 mins. Frank, who is the host, is a friendly and helpful guy. My flight was delayed for almost 1 hour and I did not have a chance to notify him but he was really nice and understanding. Also, he was aware that I did not drive at rotorua, so he gave me a brief city tour so that I would have a brief idea towards rotorua city. Appreciated!! Gave me advice on my trip before arrival and was pretty flexible with the time to send me off to airport too.

Overall, it was a comfortable staying experience- excellent location, clean and comfortable, friendly host and affordable price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My 21 year old daughter and I stayed for two nights during July 2012. Our room was on the small size, but perfectly clean and comfortable. We had exclusive access to the bathroom across the hall, making it effectively equivalent to an en suite accomodation. The hosts were very friendly and helpful, though communication was sometimes difficult since English is a second language to the Asian hosts. The location is off the main thoroughfare, making it quiet inside and out. Walking to markets and restaurants would convenient. There is a car park plenty adequate for a facility this size.

Breakfast was excellent, with cereals and yogurt, a couple of types of bread/toast, and hot dishes (eggs) made to order. The house is heated geothermally (hot water from the ground piped through radiators) and we especially enjoyed the private thermal spa, relaxing in it each evening. Free internet was provided on a "public" computer.

On top of the quality of everything we experienced at Tresco, it was extremely reasonable in price. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
East Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

It was in 2006/7 when I was initially passing through Rotorua and was desperately looking for somewhere to stay. The information centre managed to make me a last minute booing at Tresco which was then owned by Trevor and Trinka. They were also brilliant hosts and made their B&B home from home. I have had to put 2011 to enable me to submit the review.

The only slightly off putting thing about Rotorua is the hydrogen sulphide smell from the thermal activity but in a strange way it grows on you and becomes less noticeable after a short while.

The location of Tresco is very convenient walking distance to local shops and restaurants, but if you have a car everywhere else is a short drive. Anyway I enjoyed it so much, I have stayed there twice since and am considering staying there again. I will miss Trevor and Trinka but this time with new hosts Frank and Monika.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Tresco Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!