Diana's is close to the lake, nice shopping and dining but this is not your average B&B. First of all, it has several names attached to it and can be confusing. The exterior of Diana's is in need of an update and maintenance but the interior is clean and very uniquely furnished with contemporary and antique pieces. It's kinda of like a "do-it-yourself" design and use what you have. Funky but charming. Website states recently refurb'd but not the kitchen or exterior.
This is a self service B&B. You check yourself in and serve yourself breakfast and check yourself out. Simple and easy as that. Starting with a telephone box located at the front door which you call the number taped to the phone and then "check-in". You are then provided with a door access code The phone box is just a bit scary with telephone and line wires hanging everywhere. Especially since it's next to "caution" tape skirting the wonky sloping sidewalk to the entrance. Repairs might be happening but not recently. Cobwebs, everywhere. Not such a good first impression but let's see what happens next.
Once you get in the front door, the lounge room and guest rooms are actually quite tidy and clean. There is a large lounge room with a kitchen and three guest rooms and an attached deck on the lower/main floor. The neighborhood views are nice but the hot tub has the best view, only. The deck is also a bit tired, worn and a bit funky. It was fairly stuffy in our room/downstairs area from being closed up all day, we supposed. Definitely hard to get the breeze at night with all of the little bugs and biting flies. At least the bed was very comfy and the towels nice and clean.
For a recently refurbished B&B, our guest bathroom was in need of further consideration. The shower curtain did not fit and there wasn't a stall for the shower base so the water went all over the floor! The vanity is miniature (smallest one I have ever seen) and there aren't any electrical outlets in the bathroom (one close by in the bedroom) The kitchen has not been updated either. The faucet almost fell over into the sink! As for breakfast, frozen cheap white bread, trim milk and packets of inexpensive jams in the fridge. No juice, no fruit, no pastry. I know the room is rather inexpensive, but when advertising as a B&B, please try not to be dishonest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unforgettable Rotorua Lake View Accommodation. Welcome to Diana's Place, where we are delighted to offer you two unique holiday accommodation options situated in stunning Lake Rotorua locations on the North Island of New Zealand. Whether you are planning a romantic getaway, a trip with family and friends, or a corporate retreat, we can offer the accommodation you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Diana's Place Lake View Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack & Di`s Lake View Hotel Rotorua
- Jack And Di`s Lake View Accommodation
- Jack Dis Lake View Accommodation