“Amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 151 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Leonardo's is a small, family owned restaurant, Yuka and Leo have been in hospitality for more than 20 years all together. Our Menu is quite small only because we work only with the freshest products possible. For the same reason we change our menu very often, to try new flavours and recipe. The restaurant is open for dinner 7 nights a week.
Auckland
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stumbled across Leonardo's after checking out the top restaurants in Rotorua on Trip Advisor. We didn't book so we were seated outside which was perfect as we could see the action in the kitchen. My husband got the Hells Chicken which was unbelievably good and the snapper I got was delicious and perfectly cooked - highlight of our trip for sure. Staff was amazing, super friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.

LeonardoandYuka, Owner at Leonardo's Pure Italian, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hi there, thank you so much for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your evening with us, and also you enjoyed your sits outside. please do not tell anybody as those are the best sits in the restaurant as you can see the chefs doing what they love most ;). See you next time

Auckland, New Zealand
“Child portion for the pasta dish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We arrived at Leonardo's for lunch pretty hungry and looking at some dishes coming
out of the kitchen it looked promising. We ordered pasta dishes with some selection of bread.
On positive note the service was good and didn't need to wait long for the order to arrive.
Taste wise the pasta was ok but portion wise I was really disappointed. I had the same amount
of pasta as my child portion which was half price of mine.
I left the place hungry and for $22 pasta dish I was expecting more than that.
Especially It was casual dinner not michelin star restaurant.
I hope the owners will read the post and take it as constructive criticism.
Really other dishes looked huge on the plate so I don't understand why our pasta dish was so tiny. Surly pasta doesn't cost that much at the end of the day.
I wish I had same experience as the other dinners but not this time.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LeonardoandYuka, Owner at Leonardo's Pure Italian, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hi there, thank you for taking time and write this review about us. For first I am sorry you didn't enjoy your day with us, we always try our best to please everyone, but unfortunately some time we cannot. I promise we took on board your criticism and we will change things accordingly, even though I still don't understand what happened there. I do the portions my self and I guarantee that they are quite generous portions, and for kids we use the exact half of the adult amount. The only thing that could have happened is that the chef, for mistake, grabbed one of the half portion (used before for the kid), and used that one instead, I don't know if that is the case, I can't be sure. What I am sure though that we checked the meals on the tables, it is one of the standard of the restaurant, and we always fix if something is wrong. Sometimes a word to the waiter (which is me by the way), could have solved a back then easy mistake to a now unsolvable situation: you left hungry and we have got a 3 stars review. Hope to see you again sometimes in the future
Auckland
“mouthwateringly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

The best brushetta. Delicious pasta and yummy cianti. All topped off with faultless service and a welcoming environment

Visited December 2013
Hi there, thank you, easy and straight to the point review. I like it. Take care
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Lovely Food and Lovely People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a most welcome addition to the Rotorua eating scene. The food is delicious and the team at Leonardo's are very friendly, helpful and professional.

We have sent many of our guests here and they have all come back praising the food - even visiting Italians who have praised the authenticity.

Best of all, they do takeaways, and we can vouch that they are great too. We must not forget to mention that the puddings are to die for.

Grazie mille.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi there, thank you so much for your kind words and thank you so much for sending us so many of your customers. We have dome some changes to the menu, you definitely have to come back and try them. Thank you so much
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a taste of Leonardo's fresh pasta and split a garden salad accented with prosciutto and olives with a delightful balsamic vinegar. Our main course was a freshly caught Red Snapper, which was served whole, head and tail included. At our request, Leonardo filleted it for us.

This restaurant is a great value and a definite winner amongst the dining options in town. It is a very small place, fortunately we had read other reviews and booked reservations, otherwise would not have been able to get in.

Visited December 2013
LeonardoandYuka, Owner at Leonardo's Pure Italian, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Hi Chris, thank you so much for spending your time and write the review about us. Looking forward to have you here with us, again sometimes in the future. Cheers