“My 6 month gym membership at Q.E” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: QE Health Spa is located on the shores of Lake Rotorua, 3 minutes walk from the Tourist Information Centre. We are a geothermal health spa, incorporating volcanic mud and mineral water into our treatments. We offer Mud baths and mineral pools for bathing. As a Spa within a health facility we offer therapeutic and remedial massage, as well as lymphatic drainage and pregnancy massage. Single treatments or multi day health spa packages are available. Open 7 days.
Rotorua, New Zealand
“My 6 month gym membership at Q.E”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I definitely enjoyed my time using the gym at Q.E. I had the $375 gold 6 month package deal which included unlimited use of the gym and Rachel pool and 1 massage treatment. I found the equipment in the gym to be of good quality and the staff friendly and helpful. However, I felt that the gym and pool closed too early for my liking. Closing an hour or even 2 hours later would have been more convenient for me given my work and personal life schedule, as too in todays busy world I'm sure many others would find these hours suitable also. I planned to renew my membership despite this, because I found that the weekly direct debit option over the 6 month period was affordable for me, which was one of my main reasons for joining the Q.E gym. But upon attempting to renew my membership I was disappointed to discover that this method of payment had ceased and now a lump sum deposit of half the fee was required and the other half could be paid as a weekly direct debit, hence the reason I unfortunately could not renew my membership. I pondered why Q.E changed it and could only reason that there may have been people who were defaulting on their payments. However my payments were regular and without default to the last cent and like I said were the only reason I was able to become a member at all. I feel Q.E Health should have some sort of reward system for people like myself who are serious about maintaining good health, and reliable with regular payments, rather than penalising them with new policy invoked by irresponsible people. I am saddened that I'm not able to continue my membership for financial reasons. I am almost 40 years old and was born and bred in Rotorua. About 8 Months ago I made the decision to make some healthy lifestyle changes which I am thankful to Q.E health for playing a major role in. Since beginning this journey I have lost 15 kilograms and have much more energy, strength and self confidence. I hope this feedback will be seriously reviewed by Q.E management. Please contact me if Q.E Health are able to make an exception in regards to payment requirements as I would dearly love to continue my membership. The only other piece of criticism I have to say is that throughout my 6 months with Q.E I noticed a very blatantly obvious hazard in the Rachel pool area. The mats were placed in such a way that users could get a safe, slip free passage from changing room to the shower to the pool. However if one wanted to use the toilet, while you are wet there was no mat on route there, therefore putting you at very high risk of slipping causing serious injury. I hope this will be flagged up by this review and rectified immediately. Other than that I would like to say a big thank you to Q.E Health for enabling me to begin what I hope to be a lifetime of better health. Clayton Higgins

Visited November 2013

SpaatQE, Manager at QE Health Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi Clayton,

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that QE Health has played such a beneficial role in helping you reach a more positivie, healthy lifestyle. We hope we can continue to be there with you as you carry on with your journey. We do have a new policy in place with regards to membership payment options, however this can be reconsidered at the managers discretion. The reception staff are now aware of this and we will be in touch with you to work out a plan that will hopefully see you back with us at QE Health. Thank you for pointing out the missing mats in the Rachel Pool; this has now been remedied.

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great massage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Got a wonderful massage from Megan! Very professional and probably the best massage I have had! And the Spa has undergone major renovations since I last visited and is looking great! Looking forward to visiting again.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Fabulous Aix massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had never been to Spa at QE before so I was not sure what to expect. My first impression was that it had a very hospital feel, which I was not sure about until I found out that it is part of a private hospital. I had chosen to have an Aix massage - another first. The staff were very friendly when I arrived and I was served quickly. The girl who was to do my massage showed me the table first so I knew what to expect and she made me feel very comfortable, including checking with me several times throughout the massage to see if the water temperature was ok. The massage itself was excellent and when it was finished I made my way into the private changing room to find a glass of water waiting for me. Service! Would definitely recommend and I would certainly visit again.

Visited December 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

SpaatQE, Marketing Manager at QE Health Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank your for reviewing your visit with us and we are happy to hear you enjoyed not only the Aix massage, but also our service. A glass of water is always offered after a massage as it is so important to stay hydrated. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Rotorua, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
“Lovely relaxing time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Loved the tour, loved the availability it offers and the massage was really good. I will return for something else deffinately

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Aix massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Pru was an amazing massuse. I would definitely visit again when in Rotorua ... I wish there was one in Auckland . The water jets combined with the massage was amazing especially as it was thermal water. I truly felt amazing after the massage and would highly recommend it to anyone in or visiting Rotorua. Also the surrounding we're so special, being in a historic building used as a healing mineral spa was awesome

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

SpaatQE, Marketing Manager at QE Health Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback. Yes, using mineral water in the Aix massage certainly adds to the benefits and the level of relaxation. We are the only Spa in NZ to do this. The Spa was renovated last year but we decided to retain some of the history and feeling of yester -year in the décor. We hope you have a chance to visit us again and experience another of the treatments we offer.