This hotel is in a perfect location (next to Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve). It's away from the noisy restaurants, bars and clubs, yet is only 5 mins drive away from the "action". They also provide a free shuttle to the city centre on demand.
Rooms are on the small side, but clean, comfortable and modern. The bed and choice of pillows were extra comfortable. Although the bath tub was also small, at least there was one. Many of the newer hotels only provide showers these days.
Parking was very easy and there was always a spot right outside the main enterance. Apart from that, there's also plenty of street parking if it gets too busy.
They have a large heated pool (warm but not too hot) and two spa pools (weren't operating on the day). Their fitness centre didn't look bad, however did not have time to use it.
Would recommend the buffet dinner at this hotel. At $43 it's on the high side, but worth every penny.
Finally, the service was excellent. From check in staff to waiters, they all were incredibaly customer focussed and friendly.
Would recommend this property to anyone, from business people to large groups. It should please most travellers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rotorua Hotel Rotorua
- Holiday Inn Rotorua Hotel
- Heritage Hotel Rotorua
- Rotorua Heritage Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Rotorua is set amongst Rotorua’s stunning natural environment, only steps away from the Whakarewarewa Thermal reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, Fareportal and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Rotorua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.