We checked into a standard twin room for a Friday night stay. Children stay free in existing beddings and the two double beds are adequate for 2A+2C. The room's small but the beds were very inviting. There was also hard and soft pillows to choose from, depending on your preference. We had a really good rest for the night after a long flight and drive down from Auckland.
Our room was on a low level so we didn't get a good view of the thermal reserve. Breakfast is typically continental but offers some Asian food such as Chinese porridge, steamed rice and Miso soup. While they didn't offer fried eggs (sunny-side-up), we asked from the staff and she wrote an order for the kitchen.
The hotel is just round the corner of the Whakarewarewa Village where currently on Friday evenings, there is a small night market at the carpark in front of the village. At 6pm, for a gold coin donation, one can enter the hall to appreciate a maori dance performace.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rotorua Hotel Rotorua
- Holiday Inn Rotorua Hotel
- Heritage Hotel Rotorua
- Rotorua Heritage Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Rotorua is set amongst Rotorua’s stunning natural environment, only steps away from the Whakarewarewa Thermal reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Fareportal , Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Rotorua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.