“SkySwing - not to be missed!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #4 of 31 Attractions in Rotorua
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Skyline Rotorua provides the ideal venue and all weather attraction for a day of fun! Take the Skyline Gondola up the side of Mount Ngongotaha and try the world famous Luge; Skyline's Cableway Restaurant for either Best of New Zealand Buffet lunch or dinner, Skywing or Skyvue 4D simulator. Open 365 days.
Hamilton, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
“SkySwing - not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was conned into this by my adventure-loving, adrenaline-seeking teenage son and ......I loved it! Fantastic blast and awesome view from up the top! Not for the faint-hearted but if you loved swinging high on the playground swings as a child, you'll love this one!!

• Korean first
Newcastle, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Best day in new zealand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Most fun I've had in all my time in new zealand! Went with my family and girlfriend, both the luge and sky swing were awesome adrenaline fuelled fun, would recommend to anyone.

Auckland, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
“Back to being a child”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The Skyline was my first stop on my trip to Rotorua and gave me an awesome overview over the area. It was a little cloudy but from the gondola I still saw the whole lake and the surrounding mountains. Unfortunately, I didn't expect the huge variety of things to do up the hill, so I had not enough time to try everything but I did the luge which was amazing. It was so much fun to race down the hill on different tracks which were surrounded by the forest. The lift taking me back up provided another stunning view.
I still had enough time to visit the Jelly Belly Shop to look at art made of Jelly Bellies and to spin the Wheel of Fortune and eat a Jelly Belly being either buttered popcorn or mold cheese. Unfortunately, is was the latter.
On the whole, I felt like a child again and enjoyed my time at the Skyline.

Visited December 2013
Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“One of the best days in month long visit to NZ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We (2 adults with 10 & 7 year old kids) visited here and had a great day out. The 10 year old managed the luge well on his own with only one crash/grazed knee. The scenic track is best as the Intermediate track was too short - for more exciting ride down the scenic track, don't use the brake!!

Visited December 2013
Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
“Big fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Went up in the gondola, what a fantastic view over Rotorua and surroundings! We choose the luge out of the things you can do up there and liked it a lot! F (54) and m (13).