“Definitely spend money for the lakeside pools” 4 of 5 stars

64 7 348-1328
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Polynesian Spa is New Zealand’s leading international day spa. In a picturesque, tranquil setting overlooking Lake Rotorua, visitors can enjoy a wonderful fusion of relaxing hot spring pool bathing, sumptuous spa and massage therapies and picturesque lake views. Polynesian Spa has the use of two types of hot mineral water, one alkaline and one acidic, that are the unique point of difference of the operation. Many thousands of visitors to the spa have attested to the remedial effect the hot mineral waters have on such ailments as muscular complaints, arthritis and rheumatism. The Priest and Radium springs are most noted in this respect. We invite you to experience this World Top Ten Spa (natural/thermal/medical), as voted by readers of the prestigious Conde Nast Traveller magazine for several years and once again in 2011. We look forward to welcoming you to Polynesian Spa.
Paris, France
21 attraction reviews
“Definitely spend money for the lakeside pools”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

There are several kinds of hot pools inside the Polynesian Spa. If I'm not mistaken it takes 25 NZD to get into the common one and more expensive to get into the private ones. But then of course, it's most expensive (around 40NZD) to try to lakeside pools, which I believe are definitely worth the money. There are 4 lakeside pools with different water temperature and they are all located right in front of the breathtaking Rotorua Lake. You can chill in those pools for as long as you want. When I was leaving I walked pass other hot pools and they looked pretty ordinary to me. Also you can spend 85NZD on a 30min body scrub and massage; entrance fee to the lakeside pools is included.

Visited February 2013
PolynesianSpa, Manager at Polynesian Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It was our pleasure to host you! I am glad you felt you received good value for money, we are constantly looking at ways to add value for our guests. Most recently we have added four heated recliners in the Lake Spa area for that added feeling of luxury. We hope you return in the future :)

• Polish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 attraction reviews
“Would never ever return there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

As you look at the flyers about the spa, you just cannot resist visiting them. We went to the Adult pools and Priest spa. First it was strange, that you need to pay extra for towel and lockers. If you do not pay the lockers, your personal items will be available in unsecured open closet. The view from the swimming pools toward the lake is nice, but if you are in the swimming pool and you see unclear water with dirt particles inside, you just do not feel like sitting in that pool. The water is not filtered well, so for me it was disgusting, and ripped off money. As they promote is one of the best spas in the world, I do not think so and I will never return there.

Visited February 2013
PolynesianSpa, Manager at Polynesian Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry you felt this way about our Spa. We feel that our prices are very much in line with other attractions in Rotorua.

With regards to the water, we have a constant flow of fresh water to the pools. Every night the hot mineral pools are emptied, scrubbed down and refilled to ensure the cleanliness of the water is to the highest quality.

I appreciate your comments with regards to the views, we are very lucky to be situated beside the picturesque Lake Rotorua.

I would recommend our deluxe Lake Spa which offers complimentary usage of towels, secure lockers, shampoo and hair dryers. I hope you return in the future so that you can enjoy a complete experience.
Geraldton, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Just Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The spa and massage after was wonderful. We did find whitish things floating in the pools that may have been peoples skin. The massage was professional and very much needed. I have never been thanked so much for enjoying this experience, the staff were very helpful and polite. I will definitely come back this way and enjoy another spa, thank-you!!

Visited February 2013
PolynesianSpa, Manager at Polynesian Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your massage and spa experience. I have passed your comments on to our Retreat Manager, it is always great to recevie positive feedback regarding our staff as delivering high quality customer service is always a priority of ours. We look forward to hosting you when you return :)
Vancouver
21 attraction reviews
“Relaxing and Romantic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I loved the Polynesian spas! However, I would say that it's worth paying extra for a private pool. They are not much more and are entirely worth it. You have this beautiful pool, on the lake that is completely and utterly private.

Visited April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It was our pleasure to host you! It is awesome to hear that you had a relaxing and romantic experience. We look forward to hosting you here in the future :)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
“World top 10...hmmm, a bit of an overhype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Arrived with two kids, checked in for the 'Family Spa', which represents one middle-size pool with a slide, and two little pools with hot water. Other 4 pools are available for additional 40 bucks per person (15 bucks for the kids) - no, thanks. And also romantic 'private' pools with lake-view for again additional cost. I've been to several spa, I can tell you that there are at least 9 better only in Hungary. I mean it's OK, nice thermal water, clean, etc, but nothing special, at least for the family area.

Visited January 2013
PolynesianSpa, Manager at Polynesian Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. As always we appreciate your comments so we can continue to improve and provide quality service that lives up to guests expectations. The Family Spa is ideal for families with the fresh water pool for the kids and hot mineral bathing pools for the entire family. I would recommend that you indulge in our deluxe Lake Spa for a luxury experience. We look forward to hosting you in the future.