“Good location but not well served!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Rotorua

You added Millennium Hotel Rotorua to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Rotorua
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Eruera & Hinemaru Streets, P.O. Box 1044, Rotorua, New Zealand   |
Ranked #58 of 95 Hotels in Rotorua
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good location but not well served!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed in rotorua for 2 days. The location of hotel is bang opposite Polynesian spa. Take the room on higher floore if you are planning to stay here. My agent booked a king size bed for me with lake view as demanded by me. When I reached the hotel the hotel staff said that a twin bed was booked. The manager said I can prove it to you showing the mail that twin was booked with lake view. I argued I m unaware but there is no lake view from 1st floor as polynesian spa blocks the view. The manager accepted and requested me to stay in the 1st floor room for one night and promised to shift me to a highest floor next day which he fullfilled and in return gave free wifi which was a good gesture. Thank you manager freddy and kuwaljeet. Spl. Thanks to harpreet for serving chilled water till late night.
Now the bad part. Ms. Tracey who works over there, do not know at what position in the breakfast restaurant was rude and was behaving as was doing a favour to my friend and me at the place where breakfast is served.
The toaster wasnt working and I asked a trainee at the restaurant to get me some bread toasted. She stoped him and told thats not our job.
Is this the way you serve your guests. Dissapointing to another level. We did not feel like having breakfast the next day. New Zealand earns a major chunk of revenue from tourism so staff needs to be extremely helpful and hospitality should be best. Request you to go and learn some lessons from hertiage auckland and novotel Queenstown.
Another low point is in this modern era where cards are used to open doors the hotel still operates by keys...
Also the breakfast served was not good.

• Stayed February 2014
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us recently. Although you were initially disappointed with the room your Travel Agent booked for you, I am pleased our front desk staff were able to offer you a room more to your requirements. I have passed on your feedback to those staff who made your stay a pleasant one.
I was unhappy to read your comments regarding service at Breakfast. Rest assured I have discussed your comments with those staff, and they pass on their apologies for not providing excellent service. The toaster has been replaced.
I appreciate your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed 2 nights and would not stay here again. On arrival we were given basic directions, which took us to the wrong part of the hotel and we had to find our own way to our room. On finding the room, it was extremely basic and small. Cleaning left a lot to be desired! Our opinion was that individuals are not important to them as they rely heavily on conferences (one took up the majority of the hotel for our entire stay) and coach parties. On check out we asked whether we had been allocated a superior room, to be told that superior in their view is standard. Wouldn't like to stay in a standard room, as this must be the size of a small cupboard. We would not stop here again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincere apologies that you felt the room was not up to standard. I can advise our guest rooms are scheduled for a refurbishment in the second quarter of 2014. I have spoken to the Housekeeping staff regarding maintaining our high cleaning standards, as this is something on which we pride ourselves, and obviously we have failed in this instance. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in New Zealand.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights and it was not worth a cent of what they charge you. The room and furniture was dated and worn, the only area of the hotel that seems to have been maintained is the lobby. As far as service goes we had to carry our own bags in and out of the hotel, directions were poor as we ended up getting lost on the way to our room and on 3/6 nights there was a function being held at the hotel which forced us to find alternative street parking as the hotel carpark had been taken up by visitors, including a trailer taking up a car park! The maori performance was over priced for the meal and show. Overall we would not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Sarah.
Thank you for your feedback. I was very disappointed to read your comments following your extended stay. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations.

My apologies you had to find alternative street parking when the hotel parking area was full due to functions in the hotel. We are fortunate there is plenty of free street parking around the hotel. In addition, we have just opened a new parking area across from the hotel offering a further 45 parking spaces for hotel guests. To communicate this the guest compendium is currently being updated, as well as carpark signage which has been erected.

I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your stay further, and welcome your call.
Once again, thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My room on the fifth floor (club floor) was modern and comfortable, although it was a little difficult to adjust water flow in the shower head. A small balcony overlooked the lake, but the location is not very near the main tourist area. The only TV news channel was Aljazeera. The guest laundry must be the most expensive in NZ if not the world at 6 dollars per wash and 4 dollars each for drying and detergent. Free wi fi (poor signal in my room but ok in lobby) limited to 20 minutes per day, if not careful could become more expensive than washing your own clothes. Can't understand why hotels slap on these unreasonable charges. Very good continental breakfast and fresh espresso coffee in club lounge but rather tired lukewarm cooked buffet in main restaurant. Comfortable bed but the self service laundry charges are what I will remember most.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
I appreciate your feedback following your stay with us recently, and am pleased that you enjoyed the Club Floor rooms, the comfy new bed, as well as the Club Breakfast in the morning. Your comments have been noted with regards laundry charge. The machines in the guest laundry are owned and operated by an independent company and unfortunately we have limited control of charges. There is a private laundramat close to the hotel, as an alternative, and I will look at having this information added to our guest compendium.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I do hope you will consider returning next time you are in Rotorua.
Gisborne, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We booked 1 night em route to Hamilton. The room was nice and lake view was great with a small balcony. The sliding door was dangerous with the 4 year old constantly walking through and bumping himself. The pools were lovely and spa's and the free half hour massage was a lovely extra. The only let down was the buffet breakfast very mediocre and they tried to charge us half price for it even though it was paid for in the rate.

Stayed February 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write with your feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed our swimming pool and Spa area, as well as the free half hour massage included in your package.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced at breakfast. I am working closely with our Executive Chef to ensure consistently high standards are maintained in all Food & Beverage outlets. I've also spoken with the Restaurant Supervisor regarding following correct procedure for guests staying on packages that include complimentary breakfast.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope you will consider returning next time you are in Rotorua.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Thank you to all of you who have made this (Another one) Cycle stop over a memorable one.

First of all we need to acknowledge The T Team who despite the different department they work in, all work as a Team and all in one.
Ladies First....Tracey: Thank you for who you are, what you see and do and how briefly you "rectify" what does not appears to be up to your standards in the Breakfast area.
All those actions ( were noticed :o)) ) in a diplomatic and very friendly manner towards your staff.

Thank you for making our second Breakfast what the first one should have been. Thank you Tracey.

Toni: Your warmth and professionalism shine behind the "Front Area" ( Even when standing near Yuri :o))) ) Thank you for making little issues rectified, like they never occured in the first place. your smile is power, your will to assist is felt miles away...... Thank you Toni.

And least but not Last: "Mr T" Tim, you always welcomed us as soon as our ego and shadow passed through the front door.
it is with amazement to see that even when sharing information with your staff, even without looking behind you, you knew or felt when we stepped in the hotel, your Professionalism, your "Mana" shone and you welcomed us walking towards you. Thank you Tim.

Yuri: you 7 foot tall?? you made me at 6 foot like a midget....Thank you.
Thank you for welcoming us the way you know touches us, the way you know we understand. Paper work ready, keys in your hand.. Thank you
But the thanks do not stop here at the Millennium Hotel Rotorua... The team behind the Team behind the wall work as hard as the front office members. The floor members, You the nice Mr Porter who did not ride with me :o)

Finally I would like to say thank you to you "Pipiana" for the final touch with your little card and your little gift on the bedroom desk. Nice touch and they are all gone.....

The room, as usual ( some will find the negativity or the tired furnitures........As a package, we had a clean, comfortable, to represent the value and "The Spirit" at the Millennium Hotel.
We had a great week end, we are rebooking already our next stay in April.

Thank you to all of you, Tracey, we look forward to your smile in April

Room Tip: All room are great as the Millennium is a "Team Spirit"
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
A pleasure to receive such warm praise for our staff throughout the hotel. You may know we have a staff rewards programme and all staff mentioned receive an award. I am delighted we meet your expections, and the staff were able to assist in making your stay a pleasant one.
The Team look forward to welcoming you back in April.
regards
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is showing its age. For the price, I'm sure there are better hotels in Rotorua. I stayed three nights and ordered room service on two occasions, and both times the food was not good at all! The most aggravating fee is the $25 internet charge. These days most travelers want 24 hr service, and an extra $25 per day is outrageous. After checking out i received a survey from the manager asking for feedback. When I wrote a detailed message back, i did not receive even the courtesy of a reply. Leads me to believe the management is not interested in competing for tourist dollars.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expections. I can advise .the guest rooms and lobby area are in line for a refurbishment in the second quarter of 2014.

We do offer free 20 minutes wifi in the hotel lobby area, however I have noted your comments regarding internet charges.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in New Zealand.

regards

Been to Millennium Hotel Rotorua? Share your experiences!