“Hated it - won't be back” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Rotorua

You added Millennium Hotel Rotorua to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Rotorua
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Eruera & Hinemaru Streets, P.O. Box 1044, Rotorua, New Zealand   |
Ranked #53 of 96 Hotels in Rotorua
Cambridge NZ
“Hated it - won't be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed 1 night in July - the room was absolutely miniscule, with 2 double beds squeezed in for some reason making it worse. No table, small TV on small dresser taking up needed space , only 2 of each wine glasses, cutlery - teaspoons only. Tiny bathroom. The room was so hot we had to open the windows even though the weather was terrible outside and we had the heating turned off. They should take one of the beds out, put the TV on the wall. Continental breakfast too pricey at $21. Parking pretty bad too - if you can get one.
We had stayed the night before at the Rydges which was 100% better

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

My family of four stayed just one night. The rooms were fine, but we were disappointed in the dinner. Our total bill was pushing $200 and each one of us ordered something different. All four meals were just so-so. The highlight was the garlic toast appetizer...

Our waitress was friendly, but she disappeared before we finished so I had to find someone at the register so we could pay for our meal! The cashier said our waitress was "on a break." Very odd...

The breakfast buffet was just okay as well. The pancakes were cold, but the rest of the food was fine. The chef came out twice to refill the buffet items and she had a terrible cough -- not too appealing for a food preparer and server!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

After reading the reviews for the hotel on TripAdvisor, I was a little apprehensive about my upcoming work conference which would see me stay at the hotel. I was relieved to find the hotel to be a wonderful base for the conference and Rotorua in general.

My room was clean, comfortable and what you would expect from most 4* properties (I think the extra half star may be a little generous given the 'finish' of the hotel. I had a Club room (level 5) and an amazing view of the lake from my balcony. I doubt I would have enjoyed the stay nearly as much if I was in a room with a poor view / no balcony.

Things that were good:
-Warm and efficient check in
-Club continental breakfast and evening canapes lovely
-Good location
-Clean well presented rooms
-Affordable minibar
-Lovely bathroom
-Well presented hotel
-Most staff very helpful and professional when needed
-Excellent conference venue
-Effective climate control

Things that could improve
-Lack of wi-fi throughout the hotel
-Only one entry/exit from a rather large complex
-Thread count of linen was quite low
-Beds could be a lot firmer. The matress felt well used.
-One particular staff member who wasn't particularly helpful at reception

Room Tip: Ask for lake views and book a Club room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

This is my first review and provides an opportunity to thank the wonderful staff at the Millennium Hotel Rotorua. I stayed for five nights and enjoyed each one. My room was comfortable and had all the necessities, any queries and/or requests were promptly addressed and the staff were friendly, patient and polite. I'll be sure to stay at the Millennium on my next visit to Rotorua and would recommend the hotel to friends, family and colleagues.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Raglan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Really good hotel. Friendly and clean. The spa pools and swimming pool were awesome and the shower in the room just the best. I'm definately coming back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, February 2, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate receiving your feeback as this is the best way to ascertain our standards of comfort and service.
Elizabethton, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

The hotel was nice - room was clean and quiet. I liked the location, and the ample parking available. The hotel does appear to have aged a little, but overall I thought it was a good value for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed 1 night over Queens Birthday and had an enjoyable stay. Room was what I expected, slightly dated but I believe I was staying in the older part of the hotel. Location was great, just a 2 minute walk to the Polynesian spa! Staff were very welcoming and friendly and the price was very good! Would stay there again next time I visit Rotorua.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Millennium Hotel Rotorua? Share your experiences!