“Not to be missed” 3 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #14 of 69 Activities in Rotorua
Type: Sports Complexes, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The experience of rolling down a hill inside a giant inflatable ball has been an iconic adventure experience since Andrew and David Akers developed the first operation in the world in Rotorua back in 1997. Rotorua remains the ONLY location in New Zealand where you can experience this amazingly fun and bizarre activity.With a new site just 5 minutes from the town centre with a hill that is almost twice as long, you can ride with 1, 2 or 3 people inside the same H2OGO (with warm water in winter or cool water in summer),race against your friends, or try the Harness OGO where you are securely strapped in and sent rolling head over heels through the trees down our custom designed harness track.OR … try our BRAND NEW ride; THE FISHPIPE!A new and unique type of water ride where you slide for over 600 metres! Further than the longest water-slide in the world!Up to 3 riders, 75 litres (20 gallons) of water and a barrel that spins at up to 45 revolutions per minute (although we can slow it right down for the kids and those of you with nervous dispositions.)If you’re riding solo, you can slide, try to run inside, or even try surfing on your feet. With 2 or 3 riders inside you slip and slide together in a tangled mess ... backwards, sideways, frontwards, upside-downwards and whose-foot-is-that-in-my-mouthwards.Open 364 days from 9:00 to 5:00pm in all weather conditions, do not miss out on this unique New Zealand invention. No bookings necessary.
Hassi Messaoud, Ouargla, Algeria
7 attraction reviews
“Not to be missed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The experience was great. The ball itself makes the ride very safe. Would have been Very good if the ball was less old. Some of the balls are getting yellowish and the visual from inside gets bad. We unluckily had one of these yellowish balls. But besides this all was great.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“A minute of pure bliss but worthy of the price?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went out on my own on the bus. (Number 1 bus from the centre) I went out with the intention of doing the dry one, but the member of staff there suggested the windy one (As did the bus driver). I hadn't brought a towel or anything - thankfully you can hire clothes and a towel there, which is a great idea and the only thing I felt that was well priced.

I wasn't really sure what to expect... And screamed in enjoyment like a little girl (No offense to little girls) all the way down! I'd say even though I didn't go with friends, doing on my own sure was fun! Very surreal experience for sure.

Personally I don't know how much it costs to keep something like this running; but I was pretty disappointed by the pricing. I would have absolutely loved at least 3 goes on the windy course but I'm not rich and $60 (£30 - 2013 est.) a pop, I thought was pretty steep. Would have been much better if it was either cheaper for one go or you got a package for a little more - because then I would have been happier and spent a little more possibly! I felt a bit suckered in to the photos too but thought as it was a one off I'd like them so I bit the bullet ($25!!!!)

VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE! Great staff, great fun as a one off but won't be going out of my way to do it again until it is more accessible price wise - and hence the one star being missed from the review.

Visited March 2013
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My partner wanted to do this, not a huge fan of rides myself. To my surprise I loved it! We ended up doing the tandem ride and racing each other. Good laughs, friendly staff, easy to find. The view from the top of the rides is also gorgeous. Thanks to the OGO team for a wonderful morning.

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Great, yeah really great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My friends and I really enjoyed our time at OGO.
The staff were friendly and up for a good laugh, and the activity itself was great fun. We participated in both the sidewinder and straight courses of the H20GO in groups of two, and it was fantastic.
Upon leaving OGO, I left my wallet in the changing rooms, and the staff called around to the local transport company we were using and helped me to get it back. So a special thanks to all the staff from me!

Barraute, Qc
4 attraction reviews
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went with my husband in the Sidewinder ride: he really enjoyed it as he laughed at me screaming! hihi A very different activity, worth a try.