“Foodies” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Tarwin Lower, Australia
“Foodies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went for a meal & the place was packed! Big meals were served & they catered well for the kids. Food was good, but felt a bit like Sardines. Would go again 'out of season'.

Visited January 2014
LoneStarRotorua, Owner at Lone Star Rotorua, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself Jenny W. We're sorry you felt so cramped! We can get really busy through the school holidays especially but we still aim to give our guests different options for tables so that they can choose one that suits them best. If we'd known we would have tried to help as much as possible. We are very happy that your family enjoyed themselves and we look forward to seeing you again 'out of season'

San Francisco
“Certainly are better options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am rarely harsh on restaurants, but this one let us down. We ended up here after not being able to get a table at another recommendation. It was a fairly busy Friday eve, and we got seated after about 10 minutes, which was fine. We ordered a chicken taco for appetizer and it came fairly quickly, but was cold, but the salad we ordered as well never did came (but was on the bill).

We ended up waiting over 30 minutes for our main dishes until I finally asked the waitress about them. They eventually arrived and were luke warm. One dish was their dixie chicken, and the other was their ribeye and neither meal was great and would not order them again. It was a chain restaurant quality meal at best. On top of this, I feel that paying $100+ for a meal it should be much higher quality food and service! There must be better options in town and I would find them instead of ever going here.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Masterton, New Zealand
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I ate at Lone Star for my birthday dinner during our stay in Rotorua. It was not my original choice (which was too busy, so we left), but I am glad we ended up there. The atmosphere was great, although a bit noisy (referring to other people, not the background music, which I enjoyed). We had drinks, an appetizer and a main course - it was all spaced out perfectly. The menu had a great selection, the food was excellent (the garlic butter is yummy), prices average and the staff was very friendly and did a good job with the service. I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LoneStarRotorua, Owner at Lone Star Rotorua, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you Stephanie D.

We're really glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us and we hope we contributed to a great birthday getaway here in Rotorua.
Rotorua
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The team first off Were amazing and greeted us as soon as we walked in the door
Food was massive! Had to half a main meal. Pricing is average. You definately pay for what you get though. Great service and atmosphere was good. There is a lot of noise though and you can't heard yourself think.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi xtina43r,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed the service when you came in to dine with us. We really do aim to go the extra mile to make sure all of our guests enjoy themselves.

We look forward to having you back in again next time.
London, United Kingdom
“Soooooo Loooooong waiting.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had seen the menu for this in our motel and thought it looked nice.
We had to wait a while to get a table but were eventually shown to a nice booth.
Waitress soon took the order and after about five minutes arrived with the cutlery and she advised us "It's on its way" by which I had assumed that she meant the food. Quick I thought.
Alas the food took over an hour to arrive with no apology in all that time as to why we had been kept waiting so loooong.
The food was very nice and it was only when the waitress asked us how it was she apologised for the wait we were told that they had had some big parties in beforehand, As far as I am concerned that was not my problem. WE should have been told at the outset that we would have to wait an hour for our food and then we could have decided if we wanted to wait.
Although the food was nice I wouldn't eat here again purely because of their incompetence.

• Visited November 2013