“Great Authentic Thai Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 151 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is open from Mon-Fri 11:30am -2:30pm 5:00pm - 9:00pm Sat and Sun 11:30 - 9:00pm Phone number is 348 0066 OP
chittaway bay
“Great Authentic Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went here mid week and it wasn`t that crowded. The service was great. We had red curry duck and red curry prawn and sizzling sea food. The food was great. I spend time in Thailand every year and love Thai food and find this food very authentic. They were more than happy to pack up our left overs in containers for us to take home. I went there on recommendation from a friend who lives in Rotorua and eats there regularly. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Auckland
“YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Got takeaway from here on our first night! YUM! Not much more to say but food is GREAT! They have a dine in option but i was tired for the travel, the wait wasnt too long maybe 10-15min and it was easter Friday so it was busy.

Waikato
“Don't let the name put you off”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I don't know why it is called Uncle Neils. I avoided it initially due to the name as I didn't think it wouldeb authentic Thai. However, when it was recommended we found the food and service to be good. Authentic Thai meals of generous proportions. Was well patronised mid week.

Napier, New Zealand
“Great food, good price but so slow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a great place to eat in Rotorua with dishes around $14 - $16, but just be prepared for a long wait which is unusual for this type of eatery.

Auckland
“Don't miss this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I read the reveiws and decided I would make my own mind up on Uncle Neil's Thai Cuisine. Boy did I get that right. Having spent over 5 months in Thailand over the last 5 years, I know my Pad Prik from my Thom Yum Goong.

This is authentic Thai food not dumbed down to suit the farang (foreigner). We ordered something that wasn't on the menu by it's true name but no doubt was there. It was Krapow Gai. We aslo ordered a beef and vegetable dish which was tender and the vegetables plentiful and cooked superbly.

Don't miss this if you love your Thai food.

Visited January 2013