“Awesome personalized tour” 5 of 5 stars

$85*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Elite Adventures is an award winning tour company providing scheduled and private half-day and full day tours of Rotorua. We also organise custom-made private and group tours and shore excursions to Rotorua from Tauranga port. Tell us where your interest lies and we can create the tour you desire. Why choose us? We offer tours through many of Rotorua's attractions that do not offer guided tours. Our guides are locals and are fun, friendly and informative! We keep our tour groups small and personalised.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Wailuku, Hawaii
“Awesome personalized tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My sister bought me the full day tour as my birthday present. I was picked up by my guide, Huru, and since it was off season for tourism, I got a personal tour. Huru was AWESOME. Funny, engaging, personable and knowledgeable. I could not be happier with my experience and will be recommending this tour, and Huru in particular, to anyone I know visiting New Zealand.

Visited May 2013
eliteadventures, Owner at Elite Adventures Rotorua Tours, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your email and positive feedback, I will pass the message on to your guide. It makes a difference to have your own local guide to enjoy our comprehensive area. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again someday!! Trent Neilson

Canberra, Australia
“Best half day tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and i were in Rotorua as part of our honeymoon in NZ. We hadn't booked any tours but came across this half day tour with Elite Adventures Rotorua. It was a great price for everything you get and learn. Our guide, Huru, picked us up from our Hotel in the morning, and that's where the fun began. Huru was a great guide, very helpful, he is a local and has lived in Rotorua for, from memory, most of his life, if not his whole life, so he knows what he's talking about. We had a great morning learning about the thermal activity and seeing the sights. On our way back Huru sung my husband and i a song, Pokarekare Ana, a song about love. It was amazing! Thank you Huru!
We'll be coming back to see you again.
Very highly recommended.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for choosing Elite Adventures we are glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your next visit to New Zealand!!
Ohio
40 attraction reviews
“Best Experience-Do Not Miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Thank you Trent for sharing your culture with a couple from the US. You allowed us to experience your love of the land, the people and culture. Your personal insight and connection to both Maori and NZ European cultures enabled to educate us through many entertaining and serious stories, plus a few jokes mixed in. Don't be tempted to pass this opportunity up, ask for Trent and be educated and enlightened. Thanks to Trent we will be back to Rotorua.

Visited March 2013
My pleasure Ohio we have had quite a few visitors from your region lately. I enjoyed my time with you also and we both learnt alot of each other, thats what it is all about respectful sharing of knwledge. We look forward to your next trip with us, cheers
Manila, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
“Elite tour by an elite guide!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked the half-day geothermal tour with Elite Adventures last Mar. 26. Luckily, we got Trent as our guide. The tour was quite insightful, fun, and entertaining. We loved how we got to experience the place, the culture, and its people. It was more that what we expected. My cousins and I really enjoyed it. This was definitely one of the highlights of our NZ trip. Definitely recommended to those who wants to visit Rotorua.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we did have a good day together!! I have taken the time to learn all about our unique country and people and love sharing with curious visitors from around the world, we look forward to your next visit!!
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Personal tour by our Moari guide Huru”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a fascinating half day tour. Huru picked us up from our hotel and gave us a personal insight into the Maori culture incorporating the historical and present day issues in a sensitive way. He took us to his village, the village buried by the volcano, and Lake Tarawera and Lake Rotokakahi and even sang to us!

Visited February 2013
eliteadventures, Owner at Elite Adventures Rotorua Tours, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and we are glad you enjoyed Huru and his singing, he's pretty good alright!! Merry Xmas come visit us again!