“You have to do this!” 5 of 5 stars

Uki, Australia
13 attraction reviews
“You have to do this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently flew by helicopter to White Island with Steph as our pilot. She was absolutely wonderful and also gave us a very informative commentary. White Island is really something to experience as its in continuous eruption and before landing in the crater and after taking off we got to circle the island from above. Walking around the island and visiting the old sulphur mine while vents emit sulphur and steam was truly exhilirating. Its an experience I'll never forget and it was a picture perfect day. The team at Volcanic air safaris were all very helpful and friendly and even had a photo memento available when I got back which I had the option to buy. I paid $25 for it and for what you get it should be much cheaper. I'd say $10 or 15 would be a more reasonable price.. All the way I was looked after. I was picked up from my accomodation and bought back by one of their float plane pilots, David, and although the White island tour costs a bit it is in my opinion well worth every cent. You cant really appreciate New Zealand until youve done this.

Visited December 2012

Wirral
38 attraction reviews
“Let us down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked a 15 minute trip to pick us up from the lake in front of the motel in Ngongotaha, at no time was it mentioned that we were not paying enough for the pick up - which was the whole magic of the booking and a long standing dream of my husband. When it didn't appear at our booked time our hosts rang to check - told it would be about half an hour late as they were fitting another booking. 15 minutes later we had another call to say our 15 minute booking didn't entitle us to be picked up on the lake front and we were invited to pay another 100 dollars each. We declined. At some point we will have our treat somewhere else - our hosts were lovely. We spent the time with a glass of wine looking out over the lake. If you are not paying enough money this company appears not to bother about you, we certainly won't be recommending them

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
“Flying plane or Helicopter trips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Opted the Flying plane with afternoon flight taking off from Lake Rotorua which was a novel thing to do as never been on a flying plane before.
Individual seat for everyone on board with own window view. Trip was about 40 minutes with excellent view of Mt Tarawera volcano which we circled a couple of time so all on board could take photographs of.
Helicopter option included landing near top of volcano.
Pilot very informative and gave good commentry on the way up and down.
Highly recommended.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Made my daughter's birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We did the 15 minute helicopter tour over Rotorua for my daughter's 9th birthday. She sat up front and loved every second. Awesome scenery and everyone was really helpful and friendly with great knowledge of the area and its history. Will be saving the pennies so we can do it again soon.

Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Outstanding Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a real impulse buy as we were not intending to make a purchase. However the day was beautiful, blue skies and hardly a breeze. We went on the Cessna Floatplane to the Hidden Valley of Orakei Korako with our journey taking us over volcanic mountains and then setting down on a lake. We were then taken on a short boat ride to a geothermal ground which was just amazing. This tour is not cheap NZ $445 but it has to be one of the best activities we have ever done. Of course the weather did help and our pilot David's (a local guy) knowledge was excellent.

Visited October 2012