We stayed at the Blue Pacific Apartments from 28 January to 2 February.
We had booked into Apartment 5A, but this turned out to be too small for our needs (more like a hotel room) with limited cooking facilities. Fine for a one or two night stay for people who are eating out but we were staying 5 nights and wanted to self cater.
Doug very kindly let us transfer to Apartment 2, a two bedroom corner unit with the most magnificent views of the bay of islands from all sides, absolutely amazing, like something you see in a film. We would certainly highly recommend this apartment.
The studio was large and very spacious. It had two bedrooms, the main one had great views of the bay, a large lounge with settee, dining table and Sky TV, bathroom with the nicest towels we have ever come across, washing machine and dryer and a full kitchen with everything you need for self catering, oven, 4 ring hob, microwave, toaster, grill and some excellent pans and cooking utensils.
On the balcony there was a private outdoor spa and barbeque.
The very nice beach was directly across the road, which for most of the time was deserted just the occasional person going in to swim.
Blue Pacific is a 10 minute easy stroll from the centre of Paihia. There is a large supermarket just round the corner within 5 minutes walking distance.
Excellent Wi Fi reception, we were given an allocation of 1gb within the room price, which was more than enough for our needs.
Doug and his team look after you very well, they are there when you need them, but leave you to enjoy your holiday.
Things we did which we would recommend:
The walk from Kerikeri to the spectacular Rainbow Falls. Takes 45 minutes each way.
Visit Russell on the ferry, the small museum is excellent and do walk over the hill to Long Beach absolutely stunning.
Cycling the Twin Coast Cycle Trail from Kaikohe to Okaihau 20km took two hours. Hired our bikes from Top Trail Hire.
Walking on the Waitangia Track from Hurura Falls to the treaty ground, 5km, 90 minutes each way.
If eating out do visit the Waterfront Restaurant, nice food, friendly attentive staff and great views out over the bay.
A wonderful 5 nights in the bay of islands we wish we could have stayed longer, no wonder Captain Cook visited three times!!
- Also Known As:
- Blue Pacific Apartments Paihia Hotel
- Blue Pacific Apartments Paihia Hotel Paihia
- Blue Pacific Apartments Hotel Paihia
- Blue Pacific Apartments Paihia Bay Of Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All 10 Apartments offer spectacular and unrivalled vistas of the Bay of Islands including The Waitangi Treaty Grounds and historic Russell as guests relax and restore in comfort and style.Our exquisite waterfront location overlooks Paihias most popular swimming beach and out to the Pacific ocean, and is a leisurely 12 minute stroll to the centre of Paihia for shopping, cafes, restaurants, and the wharf area for Tours and Cruises.Each of our 1,2, or 3 bedroom Apartments offers a fully equipped luxury Italian styled kitchen and bathroom(s), own laundry (washer and dryer). Flat screen TV's, Sky TV,free Wifi and Broadband. Each has a private balcony with uninterrupted views, and is equipped with a BBQ and outdoor furniture. Four apartments include jacuzzi's outdoor on the balcony with 1 inside and two include spa baths inside their second bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue Pacific Apartments Paihia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.