Also just got back from 2-night stay with the hotel, everything was spotless and well presented, the only frustration we had was the Wireless Internet connection. We were told by the reception whilst checking in and also displayed in the foyer, the hotel offers high-speed wireless internet free for one hour; and guests need to pay $5 - $24 for various hours selection.
- Don't think its right in the first instance for charging for using the wireless internet;
- The Internet speed is quite slow that pictures on mobile phones cannot be displayed;
- The 'hours' consumed are clock hours, rather than 'actual usage' hours, which means once it starts, it will run continuously for the designated time frame, if you decide to do something else, e.g. have a dinner, your time-frame will be wasted.
Please revise the Internet usage policy as I have signed up with your Return Rewards program and I do look forward to seeing some changes in the future if I were going to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands has a sub-tropical resort ambiance, with island-influenced architecture, beautifully landscaped grounds and light airy rooms. Situated at the entrance to the seaside town of Paihia, it’s a pleasant stroll into town to access the main wharf, visitor activities, fine dining and shopping. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, the relaxed atmosphere of Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands will melt away your stresses in moments. The entire property has been extensively refurbished and expanded, and the attention to detail will impress you. As our guest you will enjoy: A choice of accommodation styles including standard, superior and deluxe rooms. Beautifully presented guest rooms, with earthy tones, splashes of colour, and quality room amenities. Excellent hotel facilities, including swimming pool, ample parking, wireless Internet and comprehensive conference facilities. Quality, relaxed dining and socialising in our licensed restaurant, and lounge bar. Easy walking access to Paihia’s main wharf, shops and local attractions. Our lush sub-tropical gardens, with water features and feature lighting, are attractive and relaxing by day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scenic Hotel Paihia
- Scenic Hotel Bay Of Islands Paihia