“Perfect in every way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of At Our Place Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paihia
At Our Place Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added At Our Place Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
14 Marsden Road | Bay of Islands, Paihia 0252, New Zealand   |
Ranked #20 of 23 Paihia B&B and Inns
Competa, Spain
“Perfect in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Speaking as a retired Hospitality PR Manager who was responsible for 5 star Corporate Hospitality, I was seriously impressed with this B/B. My husband and I passed this B/B a couple of times and rejected it because we had intended staying in a hotel. However, we had some difficulty finding suitable availability, and as we only intended staying one night we decided to give it a try. We occupied the large room with huge shower - both were absolutely spotless. The views were second to none. No cooked breakfast was offered, but a very healthy option was available including fresh coffee,bread,fruit etc., Oh and poached plums - delicious! We loved it so much that despite having to catch a plane from Auckland, which meant leaving around 5am, we asked if we could stay another night.The owner insisted on rising early, and as we didn't require breakfast, she kindly handed us a packed breakfast for our journey. I now run a B/B in the South of Spain and have passed on the details of this establishment to any guests who intend visiting New Zealand. I myself would love to back, The Bay of Islands is stunning!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Love coming here, devine view, fabulous healthy breakfast, peaceful, close to EVERYTHING, lovely hosts. CLEAN: (I stay in all sorts of hotels for business, and this place beats them all.) So much to do in Piahia, something for everyone, all ages. Love the market just along the road on a thursday. Get some people partying outside in the summer, but it is on the beachfront what do you expect? The propretiers have no control over that. I have come here multiple times, I think it is great. I find something new and different every time I come.

Room Tip: If you want quiet take suite 1, balcony: 2,3
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Nelson, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We paid quite a lot of money for our stay and we were expecting a very modern room and facilities, well that wasn't the case! First of all we couldn't find the place because we had no idea it was above a liquor store. Our room was small and I was quite upset on arrival with having such high expectations from reviews and photo's. The TV was so small we could hardly see it, I thought for the price we paid it would have a flat screen or at least something bigger. I must say that this hotel has outstanding views that are very beautiful so im very glad there was something good about it. The breakfast was very basic and I did not enjoy it so we decided to skip our next two after the first one. One of the nights we were there was one of the most dreadful nights we have ever had. A pile of street kids were all hanging outside and were drinking till about 2am, it was actually quite scary and I couldn't believe how loud it was. I used the ear plugs that were provided. Thank goodness it rained the next night and they stayed away! Paihia is a lovely place but next time I think we'll stick to one of the modern apartments that we could of got for the same price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

This B & B is beautifully appointed, has great views and is well located. Jillian was very friendly and helpful and we had a lovely time. Breakfast was a little light on but the setting made up for that.
Our balcony was shared with one other guest room despite the web site advertising a private balcony.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I enjoyed 3 nights B&B at this place and was made to feel welcome the whole time. Breakfast was great and the people friendly. I would recommend this place especially the rooms with a balcony overlooking the sea.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Midhurst, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Our stay here was mixed. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is good. The hosts were welcoming and friendly. The views over the sea were lovely, but the website doesn't show that the accommodation is above a liquor store very much at the backpacker end of town. The noise at night was really bad, and it made sense why the owners provided ear plugs!
It was baking hot when we were there, and in the absence of air con, you have to have the windows open. Choice is either poor sleep due to heat, or poor sleep due to noise!

It depends what you're after from a B&B, but I don't think we'd go back due to the location mostly.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Devon U.K.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

we arrived in Paihia with no accomm booked, but found 'At Our Place ' and what a find.!The owners have thought of everything.Being an ex bandb owner I was very impressed.WE had homebaked cake to die for as we booked in and her breakfasts,fresh fruit eggs quality bread and preserves,plus delicious coffee, was very acceptable. Our room, the right hand front was spacious and very comfortable, beautiful bathroom, where again everything had been thought of. Although the balcony with incredible views was shared,it was not a problem.The friendliness was suprising and very refreshing.It was only the start of our big holiday, yet we would not forget Our Place. We very much hope to return and stay longer in the beautiful Bay of Islands....Well Done Gillian!!!! John And Sue Butler

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to At Our Place Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!