“B and C Newcastle NSW” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Paihia
Newcastle, Australia
“B and C Newcastle NSW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Had front room for 3 days , loved it , was unwell at the time but it was very relaxing and recuperrrated well . Quiet , elevated room with a fantastic view from the bedroom , overlooking the garden and across to the bay. Saw the cruise ships, ate out, and cooked breakie. Was welcomed to leave car at the Motel and put our milk and fruit in the fridge while we enjoyed an overnight cruise. Loved the apt. Woulsd certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a guided tour, we liked our front room, thought it might have road noise, but not an issue a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I ended up staying here for 2 nights. The motel is in a great location, ideal for visiting the town. It is very easy to find when arriving. The rooms are a good size and provide you with everything you need should you want to cook. Bathrooms are book, and equipped with new fixtures and fittings. Nice bog television with Sky.

The owners were great. They were very attentive and helped me book my day trip. They were also interested to hear how it went so they could pass on advice to others. Also when I ran into problems with my keys they were very supportive and helpful. I cannot speak highly enough about them.

When I go back I will definitely be staying here.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had to stay in Paihia for the night to attend a friend's wedding and wanted something that was affordable. Well Breakwater was very well priced and I was greatly impressed at quality of the accomodation. It is well positioned and the main attractions are in easy reach of the motel. I would highly recommend Breakwater, the next time I have to stay in Paihia this motel will be first place I will look at staying in.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have stayed a couple times now while up north on business. Great central northland location, very peaceful, great restaurants nearby, owners Ken & Lynn are very helpful.
I can imagine coming staying at Breakwater's for aleast a week for a holiday, so much so relaxing, yet plenty to see and do if you so desire.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a modern and superb motel. New and clean, and it is close to the heart of the town. We were impressed! However, please note: there is no late-checkout option here. Well, it is still Highly recommended to all!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynette S, Owner at Breakwater Motel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your valuable positive feedback. Our team take as much pride as we do maintaining the high standard of our property. We do apologise about the misunderstanding of a late check out. We certainly do offer both early check ins and late check outs.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Breakwater to participate in the State ocean swim. Lyn phoned me around 6pm on our check-in day as we were late! I had forgotten about the expected arrival time I had put on my booking, so this was very nice touch to ensure we were OK (as well as still coming). I had booked the Garden Studio as only staying for one night. However Lyn very kindly gave us a complimentary upgrade, so we wouldn't have to share a bed and would be well rested for our swim. We were well rested the next day! The 1 bedroom unit was spacious, modern and well equiped. The sofa bed was most comfortable and a good way to watch the TV! We didn't get any time to use either the pool for fitmess centre, so can't comment on these.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your comments and it was an absolute pleasure to provide you with a more suitable suite for the night prior to the Paihia swim. Our new spa pool area will be opening early 2013. We look forward to hosting you for the 2013 Ocean Swim.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My Husband and I stayed in this very clean, modern and well appointed motel for 4 nights and loved staying there. We had been driving around both the north and south islands and had stayed in many places and this was one of the best. The views from the lounge room and bedroom were fabulous and the staff very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this lovely motel to anyone wanting a quality motel at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Breakwater Motel? Share your experiences!