“Excellent and highly recommended!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Motel   |   2 McMurray Road, Paihia, New Zealand   |
Offers & Announcements
Best Price Guarantee
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Paihia
“Excellent and highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We have arrived in Bay of Islands with no accommodation prebooked. We looked at 4 motels and the Admiral was an immediate 'yes' from the three of us having seen it last. It was clean, new, welcoming owners and beautiful views over the ocean. The motel offers all facilities you may need, on site launderette, high speed unlimited wifi, even bicycles!

The rooms are spacious, tidy and fresh. Air conditioned, big bathroom with a spa tub and separate shower cubicle. I have to say that having spent 3 weeks in various motels across both islands in New Zealand this one scores my top marks! Especially as I'm quite a demanding traveller being used to staying at Sheraton etc when holidaying overseas.

On my last day I forgot to pack a dress I left in the wardrobe. I contacted the owners asking whether they could post it to me to Auckland. To my surprise the owners got on to it straight away and offered to post it for free. This is a great customer service and I strongly recommend the Admiral as a place to stay in Bay of Islands. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013
Penellie, Manager at Admiral's View Lodge, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, my husband and I appreciate your comments. We endeavour to provide a room and service that we ourselves would be happy to receive and are pleased this enhanced your stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here in February 2013 and would reccomend this Lodge to anyone. It is nicely furnished ,has good facilities,and the apartment we had, also had wonderful views. It is clean ,and has an on site laundry facility, bikes are for hire ,and with overall good impressions,it is inviting. It is also within walking distance to shops and sea front.

Room Tip: Upstairs have a deck with seating.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased that you found Admirals View to have everything you required.
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Admiral's View Lodge was a great find.
We had 2x Luxury studio apartments, one with a King size double Bed, the other with Twin beds.
Both were spacious and superbly equiped. Well situated 5mins from the beach and restaurants etc. The hosts, Craig and Penny, are excellent!!!! Nothing is too much trouble and full of information and advice. Many other establishments could learn a few things from this couple.
Excellent value for money. Extras like bike hire and tennis rackets loan, for use on the adjacent court - all free of charge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Penellie, Manager at Admiral's View Lodge, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and very kind recommendation!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Work takes me to Paihia every two months and I always stay here. The rooms are well equipped, comfortable and very clean. Close enough to access the beach and town on foot, but out of the way of noise. Penny and Craig are friendly, excellent hosts, and make you feel very welcome.All of these things will keep me returning to Admirals View Lodge!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It is a pleasure having you to stay with us, thank you so much for taking time to post the review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Its our first time here at Paihia and our accomodation was the best!!!! We booked their 2 bedroom apartment. I'm really impressed with it. First bedroom has two singles and double and other bedroom has double bed. Nice kitchen. Big bathroom. Nice decor. Plus very accomodating host penny and craig. Its quiet at night and far from the party central so its good. Short walk to town. Close to the beach. Definitely recommended to everybody with a smile. Thank you: :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Admirals View, we appreciate your comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We wish we had more two bedroom apartments!
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This place is really nice. It is a five minute walk from town and two minute walk from the beach. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. I was in room facing the bay and stayed there the night of December 31st. The room balcony was primely located for viewing the fire works. The fireworks display was amazing.
The owners are really nice people and gave me good tips on my onward travel and golfing in New Zealand. I forgot my sweater in the room and they even couriered it to my destination and sent me tracking info. (I paid for it of course but still it was very nice of them to so that for me).

The hot tub in the room was a plus.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with balconies facing the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Penellie, Manager at Admiral's View Lodge, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive comments, it was a pleasure having you to stay and we hope to see you again sometime.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at the Admiral's View Lodge for 5 days this Christmas. Had 1 of the premium room's which had a private balcony and views looking towards Russell. Clean and spacious & Craig & Penny were great hosts. Great area to stay in and close to walking distance to everything including including the wharf to catch the ferry to Russell. There are also some local bush walks. Dine at the "Waterfront Restaurant" a 5 min walk away. Great food, good price's and views looking over the water

Room Tip: The 2 Premium rooms have the best views and are more private.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Penellie, Manager at Admiral's View Lodge, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Kay, thank you so much for your very positive feedback about your recent stay here at the motel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future. Regards Penny

Been to Admiral's View Lodge? Share your experiences!