“Yeh - that was good.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Paihia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Yeh - that was good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Everything was excellent, would stay there again. Can't say much more than that really! Though Merlin the cat was more friendly than Gandalf the cat! Location didn't get an excellent as it is just a tad to far to walk into Paihia but in the summer that might not be a bad thing as it is quieter.

• Stayed December 2012
BaliHaiMotelPaihia, Manager at Bali Hai Motel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Well thank you for your review ~ and I am still grinning that you included the cats too.
Merlin, is very friendly you are correct and Gandalf the Grey well he can be a bit more aloof, but he is also very friendly. Of course, the cats do not / are not allowed in the rooms, but as you probably found out, they get enough attention as it is!!

Delighted that the motel also got a good review and I hope to host you here again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the Bali Hai during the New years period of this year and really enjoyed our stay. The hostess was amazing, the unit we stayed in was very spacious and clean. The views from our balcony were stunning and I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Hannah thank you for your review. I know you were only here one night, so that makes it even more important that you took the time to post your thoughts. We appreciate that.
We do have high cleaning standards, that is the backbone of what we do, making sure rooms are fresh, clean, and welcoming, for each guest to experience. As I am constantly aware, you do not get a second chance to make a good first impression.
Queensland Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is an awesome hotel, Barbara made us feel so welcome and was incredibly friendly and helpful. Great views from the balcony. Self contained with everything you need. The bathroom is beautiful and brand new, looks as if it has been recently renovated. Love the space to hang your clothes and put your belongings whilst there in the bedrooms. Roomy Lounge with a great sized tv for those rainy days. Lovely BBQ area out the back. This will always be a very memorable place to me as my partner and I got engaged there on the beach down from the hotel!! Beautiful spot, beautiful hotel and lovely owner!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review. "Congratulations again to you and Terry on your engagement, Ruth, a very special event during your holiday. I am glad, you found the room had all that you needed including good space for clothes and personal items.
We have been having some lovely warm days so the BBQ's have been getting a lot of use, in fact I cleaned them both this morning!! Hope to see you all again, maybe after you are married!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The motel is very tidy, the room we stay in is good for two people, love the facility, enjoyed to do our own BBQ at the backyard. The manager us really friendly and helpful, help us a lot. It is a pleasant and comfortable stay. I would like recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello, thank you for your recommendation - I am glad that you and your partner enjoyed your stay. As I commented in a previous review, we have been having lovely warm days, Kathy, so lots of guests have been using the BBQ's. I hope your journey back to the South Island went well and hope to see you both again in the future.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

It's an excellent place to stay with a picturesque view, especially good to stay with your family but it is more like a romantic getaway for couples. But if you are going with your family nonetheless it is beautiful, a small location, right in front of the road and a sea view, Definitely try it out, Andrew is an excellent host, I hope you remember me Andrew, It's Swami and family. The kitchen is also big enough and the rooms are definitely good comfort wise. To end with, nice place to be in, do visit Paihia y'all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BaliHaiMotelPaihia, Manager at Bali Hai Motel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello, thank you for your review. We have a saying, which is "better late than never" and it is
impressive that you have taken the time almost 8 months after your visit to review us. Thank you indeed.
We do welcome your enthusiasm to invite people to visit Paihia, we are the jewel in the Bay of Islands and proud of our little town. We hope that you will also return and stay with us again in the future.
The Bali Hai motel is, as you commented, suited to families or couples, we are small and personal and we like to think that makes each guest feel a little unique too.
N.Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights at the beginning of our travels around nz. from the moment we arrived we knew we were going to be happy there. Barbara was so friendly and welcoming and did everything to make our stay comfortable.the room was bright and spacious and spotlessly clean. The availability of a bbq was most useful. Barbara was also very knowledgeable on local restaurants which was very helpful. She also was able to advise on places of interest in the area and facilitated booking of trips for us.
When we return to nz (as we plan to) we will definitely stay at Bali hai when we come to the Bay of Islands.

• Stayed November 2012
BaliHaiMotelPaihia, Manager at Bali Hai Motel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Jill, thank you for taking the time to post a review. Just today, I have had a phone call from guests in England who chose us because of our Trip Advisor feedback. This in turn, prompted them to look at our website. So it really highlights to me how important our guest feedback is. I am glad that your journey got of to a good start, and I do remember the delicious smells that came from the BBQ when you guys were cooking. I wish you well for your future travels and I look forward to meeting you again when you return. Best wishes Barbara
Sippy Downs, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed here for three nights from November 18 (family of three with nine year old son). This motel is fantastic. It is an older place, but it is refurbished and our unit was comfortable and spacious. Great sized kitchen made it easy when we wanted fo eat in. About a one and a half kilometre walk to the wharf with a bit of a hill to give you some extra cardio...loved it. Barbara could not have been more welcoming or obliging. If I am ever back in the Bay of Islands, and I so hope I will be, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
BaliHaiMotelPaihia, Manager at Bali Hai Motel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Katherine, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. It is much appreciated, and it is great when people are happy with their visit and have hopes of returning. I hardly saw you which is what it is all about, us providing a comfortable base from which to explore our beautiful area. I hope that you all continue to have a wonderful time in New Zealand. Thank you, your feedback is important.

Been to Bali Hai Motel? Share your experiences!