- Large room with two double beds
- Small table with a single chair
- Small working space with a single chair
- Bedside tables
- Reading lamps
- Small fridge
- Tea/coffee-making supplies including a selection of teas, coffees, sugar, milk, cups, teacups, saucers, spoons, dishcloth
- Large bathroom, handicap accessible, with large tub, separate shower, large sink basin
- New furnishings in excellent shape
- Wall of windows along the front, windows in the bathroom
- Blackout curtains on the windows
- Spacious room
- New furnishings
- Plenty of horizontal surfaces to place belongings and a small closet to hang clothes
- Recently refurbished bathroom
- Pleasant staff
- Great 'extras' including a pool, spa pool, games room, free bicycles/helmets
- Outstanding location right on the Paihia waterfront
- SKY channels
- Small fridge with milk
- Tea-making facilities
- Broadband connection in the room
- Very thin walls that will make your sleep dependent on the consideration of your neighbours and their children
- Room was very clean except for the padded comforter on the bed which had blood and fluid stains plus several stray hairs: This may be a one-off, but we found it off-putting nevertheless (this covering was the layer UNDER the bedspread and over the sheets).
- Only one hook in the bathroom - no good places to hang bathroom kit, towels, etc.
We had a GrabOne coupon that gave us this room at half of the usual rate which made this hotel, especially given its location, a particularly good value. Under the assumption that other TripAdvisor readers will be paying full-price for the room, I've tried to rate it with the usual cost in mind. Even at full price, my sense is that the quality, spaciousness, and location make a room at this hotel a better option than similarly-priced options in the area: Hence, my 'very good' rating.
We would stay here again and can recommend it to other travelers but do caution light sleepers about the potential for noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the waterfront and only 100 metres from Paihia wharf and township the Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia is the ideal base from which to explore the scenic and historic Bay of Islands area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, EasyToBook, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia Bay Of Islands