We stayed at the Cook's Lookout Motel as part of our honeymoon that we spent travelling around New Zealand for three weeks and staying in various hotels and motels. Out of all the places we stayed this was the best because of the warm welcome that Norm and Shelagh extended towards us. The advice from Norm on what places to see, what activities to do and which places to eat were spot on and made our short stay here so relaxing and memorable.
The motel itself is spotlessly clean, comfortable, spacious and had everything we needed.
The view from the balcony of our room looked out over the bay, Norm even called us in the evening to make sure that we were looking at the beautiful sunset over the water.
We plan on returning to New Zealand in a few years and we will definitely be staying at the Cook's Lookout Motel while we stay in Bay of Islands.
In summary; a lovely motel, stunning views and wonderful hosts, thank you so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands