We were looking for a room with a view within easy driving distance of Paihia. Norman and Shelagh were both there to meet / greet and check us in. What a lovely character Norman is with a fascinating background as a musical entertainer originally from the city that produced the Beatles.
We were offered a choice of apartments and on different levels and opted for one where we could enjoy the sunrise over the Bay of Islands with our heads still on our pillows.
Very kindly Norm dropped us into Paihia so that we could drink and dine before a taxi back.
All in all a wonderful experience with great tips on what to see and explore in the area. The boat trip and exploration of the Bay of Islands are a must. A visit to romantic Russell is rewarding. His restaurant recommendations were all A1.
Berenice Webb and James Taylor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands