We stayed here for 4 nights in March 2013, before cruising the Bay of Islands for a week. Our room was excellent, very comfortably furnished with plenty of space, great shower and a very handy fully equipped kitchenette. The view through big windows and glass sliding doors, across the estuary and beyond to the Bay, was glorious and changed constantly as the light changed. The view was so good, that on 3 nights we got takeaway fish and chips for dinner and enjoyed these on our private balcony watching the sunset. Norm and Shelagh couldn't have been more helpful and generous hosts. Moreover, not only did they look after our rental car while we went cruising and very kindly took us to the boat for departure, but they picked us up when we returned! I had not been to Northland before and enjoyed the whole trip very much. I was very impressed by how friendly and helpful all the locals were. Cook's Lookout was certainly a highlight and when we return to Paihia we will definitely be staying there again, and hopefully next time for longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands