My wife and I stayed here for three nights in February 2013.When Norm opened the door to our studio we gasped. The view was absolutely stunning. Of all the places we stayed in during our 4 week tour of north and south island this had the best view' We could even sit in bed with a morning cuppa and watch the tide coming in or even the Maori canoes being heaved up and down the river in preparation for Waitangi day, Feb 6th. The view stretches right out into the Bay. Its stunning.
Shelagh told us about the rainforest walk to the Treaty Grounds. Its about 3 miles through fabulous bird and cicciada singing forest. No troublesome insects to bother you.The path starts just down the road from the motel at the Haruru Falls where you can park free.It ends on the beach near Paihia and is memorable and easy to follow.
The room was very well equipped and clean. Norm and Shelagh couldn't have been nicer. This motel is excellent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands