We booked this motel on the strength of the motel's own website which extolled the virtues of the view plus the fact we wanted a swimming pool to keep the kids happy. However, the website doesn't do justice to Cook's Lookout because in every respect, the place exceeded our expectations. The rooms (we had a 2 bed unit) were spacious and spotless. We had a lovely deck overlooking the harbour (with access from the main bedroom as well as the lounge) and the views were indeed breath-taking. The hosts, Norm and Shelagh, were very welcoming. Norm is a mine of useful information and pointed us in the right direction which is particularly important when you only have a few days at a particular location. Overall, this is an easy 5 out of 5 to give because in every respect, it exceeded our expectations and made for a wonderful start to our holiday in New Zealand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands