“Nice resort to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 43 Hotels in Paihia
Auckland, New Zealand
“Nice resort to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were very pleased with our room
It was very spacious, clean and well serviced

There was no view but it was one of the cheaper rooms - it was a very good price
We did not use the resort facilities as it was winter and we were out every day
The free WIFI wasn't very good 50 megabytes which disappeared in a few minutes
Overall a great place to stay -close to everything

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Room was nice and clean, spacious. Thank you for the complimentary upgrade :) spa pool was beautiful under the stars and we enjoyed the sauna. Close to town centre. Would recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Burnley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stopped at for 2 nights in March 2013 in a twin room.

Summary
A small hotel located in a quiet area of the town, with friendly staff and fresh and modern rooms.

This review is based on my stay in room 304 which is on the first floor.

The rooms amenities include: 2x double beds, room fan, Sky TV, coffee and tea making facilities with kettle, fridge, iron and board, hair dryer, sofa, balcony with chairs.

Hotel amenities include:- Restaurant, lounge bar, in house tour desk, swimming pool, spa pool, gym, sauna, wifi costs NZ$5 for 90 minutes.

Located at the top end of Paihia where the backpackers lodges are, however just a nice 10 stroll to the shops, restaurants and Pier, just 5 minutes from the beach.

My room (304) was modern, spacious and most importantly clean. Room 304 is located in the block separated from the main hotel via a car park & drive way. The bathroom was large, with a spacious walk in shower.

The feature swimming pool is large and attractive, but is not heated (& was freezing). The spa pool was lovely and hot. However both the spa pool and the swimming pool have access issues if you are unsteady on your feet in any way.

I couldn't access the Wifi network at all during my stay.

Breakfast was included in the room rate and is the standard fare, bacon, sausages, hash browns, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, selection of breads/toast, cereals, pastries, tea, coffee and fruit juice.

Overall I would happily stop at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dereham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

A superb location and lovely little hotel close to beach. Dont miss cooking your own selection of meat on a volcanic stone heated to 400c and placed before you at the table.We were located in top block of rooms uphill but no problem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here 3 years ago and found the hotel very good, but 3 years on it seems ot have gone downhill somewhat and is in need of investment. The room we had was clean but the bathroom let it down. There was build up of calcium around the plug hole which had to be over 4 inches in diameter and about 1/4 inch thick. When I mentioned this to the receptionist I was told that new owners had bought the hotel last year and were working their way through the rooms. In fairness my sister in law and her husband were very pleased with their room next door to us which had received an update

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room to get better views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed one night. Room was very spacious and clean (just a shame the toilet seat was broken).
Only a small resort so location is irrelevant. The hot stone evening meal was good. Breakfast was good with a fair choice. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in Jan 2013 as we did a bit of a roadie sans children. We bought our room through wotif.

It is located on the upper end of a street that is predominately backpacker resorts. This made me a bit nervy as we were once backpackers and in our day we were loud and obnoxious. I thought that perhaps I was about to reap what I'd sown - As it transpired, we never heard a peep from the numerous establishments so do not let backpacker alley put you off.

Check in was fast/efficient and like others have said, the reception staff nice and upbeat. I think many of the employees are backpackers from the neighbouring resorts so I felt somewhat happy to see them having better jobs than my 12 hour fruit picking backpacker days. Poor me.

The room was really good. I would rate it 4 star for its sheer size. Very good for a family situation as the Queen bed was on one level and then a couple of steps down there were 2 singles. Not ideal for romance but I like to mention 2 single beds for kids as I find when kids share a queen it can get quite troublesome (fighting about whose foot is where and who has most the bed - split them up, no problems eh?). There was an awesome selection of tea/coffee too. Flat screen TV mounted from ceiling so you could direct it to either end of the split level room. There was a patio off the room which was attractive. One thing I feel I should mention, the walls are lacking any acoustic insulation, they're paper thin. I hate to be picky but we did hear our neighbours every move. I would have been a bit nervous if my kids were with us and racing around at 7 am (in consideration for our neighbours).

The beds were really comfortable, they also had black out curtains - which is a real bonus. Parking was directly behind our room. We did not use the pool or spa.

We enjoyed our stay at Paihia Pacific. As mentioned above the rooms were huge and I would rate 4 if it were not for the lack of acoustics.

Lisa

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!