“Friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 44 hotels in Paihia
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed one night. Room was very spacious and clean (just a shame the toilet seat was broken).
Only a small resort so location is irrelevant. The hot stone evening meal was good. Breakfast was good with a fair choice. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in Jan 2013 as we did a bit of a roadie sans children. We bought our room through wotif.

It is located on the upper end of a street that is predominately backpacker resorts. This made me a bit nervy as we were once backpackers and in our day we were loud and obnoxious. I thought that perhaps I was about to reap what I'd sown - As it transpired, we never heard a peep from the numerous establishments so do not let backpacker alley put you off.

Check in was fast/efficient and like others have said, the reception staff nice and upbeat. I think many of the employees are backpackers from the neighbouring resorts so I felt somewhat happy to see them having better jobs than my 12 hour fruit picking backpacker days. Poor me.

The room was really good. I would rate it 4 star for its sheer size. Very good for a family situation as the Queen bed was on one level and then a couple of steps down there were 2 singles. Not ideal for romance but I like to mention 2 single beds for kids as I find when kids share a queen it can get quite troublesome (fighting about whose foot is where and who has most the bed - split them up, no problems eh?). There was an awesome selection of tea/coffee too. Flat screen TV mounted from ceiling so you could direct it to either end of the split level room. There was a patio off the room which was attractive. One thing I feel I should mention, the walls are lacking any acoustic insulation, they're paper thin. I hate to be picky but we did hear our neighbours every move. I would have been a bit nervous if my kids were with us and racing around at 7 am (in consideration for our neighbours).

The beds were really comfortable, they also had black out curtains - which is a real bonus. Parking was directly behind our room. We did not use the pool or spa.

We enjoyed our stay at Paihia Pacific. As mentioned above the rooms were huge and I would rate 4 if it were not for the lack of acoustics.

Lisa

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed two nights recently as a base for activities in Far North. Lovely bright reception, bar and poolside restaurant. Very warm, friendly and helpful staff, assiting with arranging activities. Hotel room was lovely and clean and suited our needs very well. Excelent value for money. Will definately recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ensure you try the wonderful StoneGrill Menu... Very tasty and excellent value for money.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I used the 2nights accommodation voucher which I bought from the daily deal website.
On arrival, the first room given to me was different from the picture I saw on their webpage(premier room), and the manager at reception - Elina(?), sorry I forgot her name - kindly upgraded us to the superior room. The room was very spacious and we had a very good sleep.
We also had the 'hotstone grill' meal at their restaurant. The food was very good and the staff was very helpful. Some of the menus were only 2/3 of normal price as part of their promotion.
The location was just few minutes walk from the wharf and beach.
The room is not fancy and you can't compare this hotel with other beachfront resort style hotels at Bali or Phuket, but it had all we needed and was perfect for our rest after activities during the day.
If they have another promotion, I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: It seems there are two types of premier room. Ask at reception if you want a slightly bigger room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a couple of nights and found staff to be just so helpful and friendly. They were young and enthusiastic which was just great. Our room was spacious, light and airy as we stayed in he adjacent detached building which had undercover parking. It was lovely and quiet...really relaxing. It was just a short stroll to the beachfront so very handy to all restaurants, booking services etc. We stayed for the stone grill $20 special and on our last morning we had the $15 buffet breakfast. Both were good value for money. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick H, General Manager at Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Pahia Pacific Resort. Please accept our apologies for the less than satisfactory bath in your room. As you have noted from the superior condition of your travelling companions room we are under new ownership and investment is being made to bring all of our facilities to the high standards we aspire to acehive. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Paihia. Warm Regards
Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had to book this at the last minute and it was the cheapest option during the peak of season so it meant I paid top $$$ for a studio room. The woman at front of house wasn't the warmest of people but maybe she was tired.

During the night we discovered the toilet didn't flush it only had a trickle and when I advised this at reception upon check out she just wrote it down but didn't say anything. A simple acknowledgment would of surficed but got nothing..maybe I shouldn't of said anything.

The pool area was lovely and they do provide an economical buffet breakfast during the summer season which is worthwhile as has all the basics. $15 per adult $10 per child.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Booked a Premier Room for the New Years period (4 nights) and noticed on the website that it was under new management. The room was clean and tidy and was good value for money. The location is excellent - walking distance to the beach and shops. We took advantage of the special breakfast and dinner menu that they were offering - both were very good. There was friendly front desk and restaurant staff and the hotel had a family vibe to it. We will definitely be staying there again and recommend to others. Only feedback to give to the hotel is to provide a fan or air-con in the room as it gets quite hot on very sunny days :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!