My husband and I stayed here in Jan 2013 as we did a bit of a roadie sans children. We bought our room through wotif.
It is located on the upper end of a street that is predominately backpacker resorts. This made me a bit nervy as we were once backpackers and in our day we were loud and obnoxious. I thought that perhaps I was about to reap what I'd sown - As it transpired, we never heard a peep from the numerous establishments so do not let backpacker alley put you off.
Check in was fast/efficient and like others have said, the reception staff nice and upbeat. I think many of the employees are backpackers from the neighbouring resorts so I felt somewhat happy to see them having better jobs than my 12 hour fruit picking backpacker days. Poor me.
The room was really good. I would rate it 4 star for its sheer size. Very good for a family situation as the Queen bed was on one level and then a couple of steps down there were 2 singles. Not ideal for romance but I like to mention 2 single beds for kids as I find when kids share a queen it can get quite troublesome (fighting about whose foot is where and who has most the bed - split them up, no problems eh?). There was an awesome selection of tea/coffee too. Flat screen TV mounted from ceiling so you could direct it to either end of the split level room. There was a patio off the room which was attractive. One thing I feel I should mention, the walls are lacking any acoustic insulation, they're paper thin. I hate to be picky but we did hear our neighbours every move. I would have been a bit nervous if my kids were with us and racing around at 7 am (in consideration for our neighbours).
The beds were really comfortable, they also had black out curtains - which is a real bonus. Parking was directly behind our room. We did not use the pool or spa.
We enjoyed our stay at Paihia Pacific. As mentioned above the rooms were huge and I would rate 4 if it were not for the lack of acoustics.
Thank you PPRH
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the tranquil atmosphere of The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel which has a 3 Star Plus rating and Enviro Bronze Award. Swim in the pool, relax in our spa, enjoy a sauna, work out in our gymnasium. Most of our rooms look over a natural setting of native and subtropical plantings and are available at surprisingly affordable rates. The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel is located at 27 Kings Road, Paihia, Bay of Islands, New Zealand. It is a short stroll to the ocean and only a 5 minute walk into Paihia town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paihia Pacific Hotel Paihia
- Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel Bay Of Islands