I got this booking on a grab a deal site. I think what I paid was fair but I don't think I would pay full price. The staff were friendly and the room was clean and tidy with comfortable beds. We all slept well.
The pool had no heating and was freezing and the spa is in full view of the restaurant/lobby so not very private and put me off using it. We didn't eat at the restaurant because the chef had called in sick - we didn't mind this but others might??
My friend is in a wheelchair and we requested an accessible ground floor room which we got, however the lady suggesting to my wheelchair user/amputee friend as she was climbing out of the car into her wheelchair that she could "just take the couple steps" instead of wheeling around the back if we wanted to which was a bit of a strange thing to say. The lady meant well, she was lovely but it is lucky we are the type to laugh off this comment and not take it to heart or be upset by it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the tranquil atmosphere of The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel which has a 3 Star Plus rating and Enviro Bronze Award. Swim in the pool, relax in our spa, enjoy a sauna, work out in our gymnasium. Most of our rooms look over a natural setting of native and subtropical plantings and are available at surprisingly affordable rates. The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel is located at 27 Kings Road, Paihia, Bay of Islands, New Zealand. It is a short stroll to the ocean and only a 5 minute walk into Paihia town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paihia Pacific Hotel Paihia
- Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel Bay Of Islands