We booked this hotel online and thankfully got a pretty good deal because the rooms were not indeed worth the normal rate. The hotel is very outdated, the rooms very 'average' more of a low budget motel style. Our 'pool view' room was located near the carpark and although we could see the pool it was through the carpark.. The beds were comfortable but it wasn't 'hotel quality'. Don't go to the restaurant, the food is average to below standard for the price. Best to walk into the town and choose many of the other better quality restaurants.
We stayed there with our son who is 4 years old and was hoping for a quiet swim, but the roudy teenagers jumping in and out of the pool seemed to frighten him, not to mention the pool and spa area needed an upgrade.
Wouldn't stay there again until they've upgraded the pool complex and the restaurant and pretty much everything.
The staff were very nice though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the tranquil atmosphere of The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel which has a 3 Star Plus rating and Enviro Bronze Award. Swim in the pool, relax in our spa, enjoy a sauna, work out in our gymnasium. Most of our rooms look over a natural setting of native and subtropical plantings and are available at surprisingly affordable rates. The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel is located at 27 Kings Road, Paihia, Bay of Islands, New Zealand. It is a short stroll to the ocean and only a 5 minute walk into Paihia town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paihia Pacific Hotel Paihia
- Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel Bay Of Islands