We stayed in one of the back units on the ground level (meant to be the "superior" rooms). Our room was dark (had to press up against the windows to get natural light) , old (some fixtures such as bathroom tap barely hanging on). Fridge was loud and toilet could drip constantly if not flushed just the right way. Units are also definitely not sound proof and doors closing reverberates throughout.
Cleaning staff could regularly be found en-mass smoking in outdoor stairwells, while rooms remained un-serviced until after 2pm. (Hotel states that rooms will be serviced between 10am and 12:30pm.). Not a good look - rather unprofessional.
Also, gym was pretty gross and possibly unsafe with equipment barely hanging in there (no understatement).
Though our room & cleaning service was definitely not the greatest, Paihia Pacific does have a lovely pool/spa/sauna area where we spent an afternoon. Staff on reception were very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the tranquil atmosphere of The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel which has a 3 Star Plus rating and Enviro Bronze Award. Swim in the pool, relax in our spa, enjoy a sauna, work out in our gymnasium. Most of our rooms look over a natural setting of native and subtropical plantings and are available at surprisingly affordable rates. The Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel is located at 27 Kings Road, Paihia, Bay of Islands, New Zealand. It is a short stroll to the ocean and only a 5 minute walk into Paihia town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paihia Pacific Hotel Paihia
- Paihia Pacific Resort Hotel Bay Of Islands