“Good quality eatery” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Paihia
Cuisines: Indian, Thai, Ice Cream, Café
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We have been one of Paihia’s most popular restaurants since 2006 serving the finest Thai cuisine under the name ‘THAI GARDEN CAFÉ’ now rebranded as ‘GREENS’. Keeping the same Thai chefs, we are proud to announce that we have introduced full Indian meal, which will be served by a new team of highly experienced Indian Chefs.Lovingly prepared, authentic Thai and Indian cuisine, with a few surprisingly Kiwi twists – that’s what we have on menu at GREEN’S. With a wonderful mix of Thai and Indian dishes, you will enjoy the fusion of spice and flavour. From traditional dishes like Pad-Thai to Indian Butter Masala Chicken and new fish dishes which are closely guarded, using the finest quality ingredients is the speciality at GREENS.At GREEN’S, the dining experience is as important as the food itself. Take a seat in our modern and stylish water-front restaurant, and enjoy great service from our waiting staff.Whether here for lunch, dinner or a private function, enjoy an atmosphere that combines the Indo-Thai warmth with the friendliness Paihia is famed for.
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Good quality eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Fast service, reasonable prices and tasty food. We chose dishes from both Thai and Indian menus. Right next door to our lodgings, so what more could we want?

London
“Very tasty Thai and Indian food, charming staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We visited Greens twice while we were in Paihia - the first time we ordered a mainly Thai takeaway for our family of 5 (a 4-year-old, his parents, and 2 grandparents). It was delicious, very light and tasty - I usually find Pad Thai too sticky and stodgy, but this was light and you could taste the ingredients! They couldn't provide a curry mild enough for our grandson but he enjoyed the naan bread! My daughter and I enjoyed a nice glass of sauvignon blanc while we waited for our order and had a long interesting chat with Charlie.

2 nights later 3 of us had an Indian meal in the restaurant, which became very busy and lively from about 7.30 onwards. It was equally good and we had another conversation about variations of Indian food in different regions of the UK and New Zealand.

A very nice restaurant staffed by very nice people!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

first time I have had Thai and it was fantastic, we had it delivered to our motel room. great service and very quick

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Highly Recommended!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I are quite fussy when it comes to food. I had Beef korma and it was absolutely divine!!!! I would definitely go back there if I have the opportunity. Not only is the food delicious but staff are very friendly. This is one of the best Indian Restaurants I've been too. Also very good value for money.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kerikeri, New Zealand
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I love Thai food but my husband is not keen on coconut so here we were spoilt with both in one restaurant! I enjoyed a lovely Thai curry and he had a delicious Indian curry - it was perfect and we were both very happy!