“Mixed experience” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 38 Activities in Paihia
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Skydive Zone Bay of Islands is located in Kerikeri and offers tandem skydiving for your first jump experience. Instruction begins with a short briefing, then you and your instructor share a tandem harness, freefalling from nearly 15,000 feet at speeds of 120 mph (200kph) or more. After about a minute or more of freefall, your instructor will open the dual-sized parachute, and together you'll fly back to the ground for a soft landing.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Mixed experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

The experience I had was mixed the main problem being I booked by phone, I was told it would all be done in two hours.I was booked in for 11 am, I got there at 10.40 am the weather was perfect,but didn't got up in the plane until 1.15 pm. the jump itself turned out to be a malfunction where the main chute came out to early.so it had to be disconected and the reserve chute deployed.It was made clear by the instructor this was a serous situation,the instructor though I thought did an excellent job in getting us down safe.I then had to wait two hours for my DVD, this normaly takes about 10 minutes.I asked them 5 or 6 times when it would be ready they kept saying in another 10 minutes,this dragged on for two hours,they said it was to see what went wrong whith the jump,they gave no indication it would take so long to sort out in the first place.I got the impression they were hoping I would get sick of waiting and just go without the DVD.When I finally got it at 3.50 pm the guy who does the dvd's was very unhelpfull and didn't want to show it as he normaly does,I had to ask him to.Overall, though the jump didn't work out to plan, it was a different experience. Next summer I'll be doing it with one of the many other operators.

Visited January 2012

Bergerac, France
9 attraction reviews
“Great team - fantastic skydive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

A really good facility with a helpful freindly team. This really is something that any member of the family can do - from 10 to 90! My son really enjoyed the experience and it was well recorded on the DVD taken by his tandem partner. Plus you get to jump over one of the most beautiful areas of New Zealand!

Visited December 2011
Glenorchy, null, New Zealand
27 attraction reviews
“Amazing....never thought I could actually do it, but I went back for more a week later!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

One of the things that was on my list of must do's when I came to NZ was to jump out of a plane...I had tried on 2 previous occasions before I actually got to do it and it was cancelled due to bad weather conditions, but I awoke one morning to crystal clear blue skys and not a breath of wind and thought today is the day. I was not disappointed. I was lucky enough that it was just me in the plane with my tandem master and the guy doing my photo's and video. When I got to 4,000 foot I thought we were high enough, but we were only 1/4 of the way up! To say I was a little nervous was an understatement, but to honest I think thats natural...after all jumping out of a plane at 16,000ft isn't exactly the sort of thing you do every day!! When they opened the door of the plane and we shuffelled to the edge I was terrified, but the moment we left I loved every second!!! It was an amazing experience...rushing to earth at great speed, and once they pulled the parachute it was a very pleasant ride down giving you a chance to enjoy the scenery. As soon as I landed I just wanted to go and do it again! If you're thinking about it just do it...you'll love every minute of it!!

Visited December 2010
Auckland Region, New Zealand
19 attraction reviews
“It was AWESOME!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We had a blast at Skydive Zone. Loved it. Had lotsa fun. Our tandem masters were fun as well as skilled in what they did. When our jump was postponed due to the wind, they were very accommodating and rescheduled so that we could still fit it into our weekend visit to the Bay of Islands before returning home.

Visited November 2011
“It was so fun and great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011 via mobile

Beat thing u will ever do in ur life if u go and the people who work there r kegands cheers 4 this great time dad