“Great team - fantastic skydive!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 38 activities in Paihia
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Skydive Zone Bay of Islands is located in Kerikeri and offers tandem skydiving for your first jump experience. Instruction begins with a short briefing, then you and your instructor share a tandem harness, freefalling from nearly 15,000 feet at speeds of 120 mph (200kph) or more. After about a minute or more of freefall, your instructor will open the dual-sized parachute, and together you'll fly back to the ground for a soft landing.
Bergerac, France
8 attraction reviews
“Great team - fantastic skydive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

A really good facility with a helpful freindly team. This really is something that any member of the family can do - from 10 to 90! My son really enjoyed the experience and it was well recorded on the DVD taken by his tandem partner. Plus you get to jump over one of the most beautiful areas of New Zealand!

Visited December 2011

Glenorchy, null, New Zealand
27 attraction reviews
“Amazing....never thought I could actually do it, but I went back for more a week later!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

One of the things that was on my list of must do's when I came to NZ was to jump out of a plane...I had tried on 2 previous occasions before I actually got to do it and it was cancelled due to bad weather conditions, but I awoke one morning to crystal clear blue skys and not a breath of wind and thought today is the day. I was not disappointed. I was lucky enough that it was just me in the plane with my tandem master and the guy doing my photo's and video. When I got to 4,000 foot I thought we were high enough, but we were only 1/4 of the way up! To say I was a little nervous was an understatement, but to honest I think thats natural...after all jumping out of a plane at 16,000ft isn't exactly the sort of thing you do every day!! When they opened the door of the plane and we shuffelled to the edge I was terrified, but the moment we left I loved every second!!! It was an amazing experience...rushing to earth at great speed, and once they pulled the parachute it was a very pleasant ride down giving you a chance to enjoy the scenery. As soon as I landed I just wanted to go and do it again! If you're thinking about it just do it...you'll love every minute of it!!

Visited December 2010
Auckland Region, New Zealand
17 attraction reviews
“It was AWESOME!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We had a blast at Skydive Zone. Loved it. Had lotsa fun. Our tandem masters were fun as well as skilled in what they did. When our jump was postponed due to the wind, they were very accommodating and rescheduled so that we could still fit it into our weekend visit to the Bay of Islands before returning home.

Visited November 2011
“It was so fun and great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011 via mobile

Beat thing u will ever do in ur life if u go and the people who work there r kegands cheers 4 this great time dad

London, United Kingdom
“I found the receptionist brilliant and extremely accommodating in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

myself and my partner both done a tandam skydive at kerikeri we had a short time frame due to catching our bus to auckland that afternoon, we were picked up from our hotel on time had a great drive to the airfield, we thought that we would have to jump separtley due to our 2 year old son and we would have to take it in turns to jump so one of us could watch him while the other jumped but the receptionist was kind enough to offer to watch our son for us while we both jumped so we could jump together! what an experience it was for us. we had a amazing time the staff were great fun to be around, we were dropped off at out bus stop on time and our dvds were even posted to auckland for us so we wouldnt miss our bus! what a great team and service thanks guys

Visited May 2011