The Pickled Parrot is a lovely backpackers hostel in a quiet area of Paihia close to the beach, harbour and bus stop. I stayed in a twin room and it was clean and comfortable enough. The hostel is quite small but very friendly and owner Rose is really welcoming and helpful (she can help with arranging tours and activities). The common area is large enough, with TV and internet, though the kitchen needs a new cooker. The shower area is also clean and warm. Breakfast and tea and coffee are provided free, which is a nice touch, and the various cats, dogs and parrot (yes there really is one) give it a homely feel.
Location: New Zealand > North Island > Northland Region > Bay of Islands > Paihia
Ranked #15 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Paihia
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $
Number of rooms: 25
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at the Pickled Parrot. Enjoy free breakfast in this small personal hostel set in a sub tropical garden paradise. Friendly welcoming hosts, very clean accommodation, excellent kitchen facilities, all linen provided. Close to beach, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your The Pickled Parrot Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Hotel Paihia
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Paihia, Bay Of Islands