We arrived with our baby daughter and were instantly told off for not having told them that she would be coming too (we actually had sent them an email about it). It shouldn't have mattered anyway as we didnt ask for anything else- we had brought our own travel cot, etc but we were made to feel really unwelcome. The person who greeted us then huffed and puffed and found us our room that was already booked anyway (a lot of hassle, waiting around, etc for no reason).
Anyway, besides that the place is great and you don't need to interact with the staff as it's quite self explanatory. The rooms were clean and the shared facilities were well looked after. Location is very good too- just a short walk into the centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at the Pickled Parrot. Enjoy free breakfast in this small personal hostel set in a sub tropical garden paradise. Friendly welcoming hosts, very clean accommodation, excellent kitchen facilities, all linen provided. Close to beach, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your The Pickled Parrot Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Hotel Paihia
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Paihia, Bay Of Islands