What a lovely place! We stayed there for 10 days over Christmas (actually we stayed longer than we had planned!). Although the weather over the Christmas days was absolutely horrible, Rose, the host, was very welcoming and made our stay a homelike and great experience. She and her great staff treated us with a big cooked English breakfast and initiated a Christmas swim on Christmas day. There is a cozy and beautiful communal are including a well equipped kitchen, a cute sitting room and loads of nice seats outside to tan, chat, read or surf the (free!!) net on the veranda and little courtyard. There is free tennis including balls and rackets and a gas BBQ as well. Party goers: you have to be quiet at 11pm or stay somewhere else :-) Well, we definitively highly recommend that lovely place. Go there for at least 2 or 3 days. Loads of things to do around, anyway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at the Pickled Parrot. Enjoy free breakfast in this small personal hostel set in a sub tropical garden paradise. Friendly welcoming hosts, very clean accommodation, excellent kitchen facilities, all linen provided. Close to beach, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your The Pickled Parrot Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Hotel Paihia
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Paihia, Bay Of Islands