“Great value, great for kids” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great value, great for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Whilst on holiday in Napier we visited here for lunch - mainly because it was the first place we came across, and boy were we happy with our choice. Huge yet healthy and tasty portions, a great kids menu and high chairs available for the little ones too. Our 20 month old son is picky about trying new food but he wolfed down the kids pasta without hesitation. The staff are super friendly and make you feel at home, you even get the owner popping over to say hi and to make sure you're OK. The hot chocolate & coffee are half bad either.
We were so impressed we went back there the next day for our lunch and had an equally good time, this time our son demolished the fish (snapper) and chips whilst we had some tasty large salads.
Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Napier, New Zealand
“Very chic cafe, Cuban style.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Good service, staff very friendly, can be quite crowded at peak times but overall experience was good. Coffee cuban style and nice home cooked food.

Visited September 2012
Napier, New Zealand
“An old favourite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Been here many times, great lunch menu including a good selection of healthy foods. Warm friendly atmosphere, good coffee.

Visited September 2012
Rotorua
“Great cafe for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very prompt service by friendly professional staff. The food was great with large portions. Excellent coffee.

Visited October 2012
Melbourne
“A waste of time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

While on a two night stay in Napier, my partner and I picked this restaurant for a late lunch. Having a very restricted diet (vegan), I asked for a simple salad sandwich with avocado while my partner ordered a burger. After being seated for around 10 minutes, a waitress came to the table to advise there was no avocado - as there were no other suitable items on the menu, I cancelled my order and decided to wait with my partner for his order to arrive, then eat elsewhere. 30 mins later there was still no sign of the burger so I thought it best to go and grab a bite to eat across the road, only to find their kitchen closed. I ended up eating at the local Subway as all the other surrounding cafes had also stopped serving. Meanwhile, my husband asked about the progress of his meal only to be told it had been cancelled at the same time my sandwich had been cancelled! He also ended up eating Subway for want of anything better. What could have been a pleasant lunch was ruined by disorganised and incompetent staff.

• Visited September 2012