“Good clean accomodation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Napier
Tauranga
“Good clean accomodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Good clean and quiet accomodation in Napier, nice furnishings and bathroom. Bed could do with upgrade as not very comfortable. Good proximity to city centre and waterfront. Nice Thai restaurant just along the road that was recommended to us by reception.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have just returned from Napier, and stayed at the Quality inn Napier, on Marine Parade. I was greeted by a very helpful Receptionist named Naiomi, who despite dealing with an Internet issue as I walked in was nonetheless unflappable and courteous. The room was just immaculate, and quite roomy for a 1 bedroom unit. I was very impressed that Naiomi followed through with an update on the Internet issue: she got the issue resolved, and then rang through to update me on progress, which was helpful. Quality Inn Naper is in walking distance to a number of services, and the local RSA do a magnificent carvery for $20.00 for all you can eat. Despite being located on Marine Parade, the location of the units = no road noise. I would definately return to Quality Inn Napier.

Room Tip: Any room with a "100" in the title
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Decided to add an extra night in Napier and changed hotels because quality inn have heated covered pool and gym. After a day of sightseeing went to get the gym key from reception and was told it is closed for repairs and has been for a week, then decided to go in the pool, couldnt find the light switch so once again went to reception and was told there are no lights, why have a pool open at night when you cant see anything? Rude receptionist told me she doesnt make any decisions and i need to talk with the manager who conveniently wasnt working. If you are in a frontline role learn some customer service skills.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Quality Inn Napier Travel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
We are extremely disappointed with this review. There is earthquake proofing work being done on the hotel which is why the gym is unfortunately not in use. This work needs to be carried out due to council regulations. This is the quieter time of the year so is the perfect time to get it completed. We agree that no lighting at the pool is unacceptable and are working on getting this fixed. We believe our staff handled being abused and sworn at by this guest extremely well. We remedied this compaint with the guest and she later decided to post this review on trip advisor. Her abusive behaviour was unacceptable and people in a customer service role should not have to put up with it.
Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We liked this motel type accommodation although it is a Quality labelled motel. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. It is located near the main streets of Napier and it has good restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The hotel is in a great location on Marine Parade, which gives you a 5 minute walk to a lot of the down town action and restaurants in Napier. While straddling two 'main' roads, it is still very quiet and you can sleep well.

We were in a room, however, that is entered from the shared balcony, meaning for any privacy you must have the blinds completely closed so as to prevent anyone from seeing in as they walk to their room. This was the only major downside to our room. People we were travelling with had a room on the Marine Pde side of the hotel, and had a large private balony and was VERY private. Request a room in the area of the hotel if possible.

The restaurant is very good, and great value for money. We had all dinners out at other locations, but breakfast at the hotel everyday.

Staff were freindly and non invasive.

Overall a very good hotel let down by reduced privacy if you happen to get the wrong room.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor that doesn't enter from the shared balcony to improve privacy (y...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Quality Inn N, Manager at Quality Inn Napier Travel, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Our Hotel is in a great location, we are very close to the CBD, the beach and many restaurants and cafes. There is not a shared balcony, there is a walkway to enter the rooms. The standard studios where you stayed do not have a balcony whereas your friends had booked and stayed in a seaview studio which does have its own private balcony overlooking the sea. We are pleased you enjoyed everything else that our hotel had to offer. We hope to see you again in the near future, a seaview studio will give you the balcony and privacy you have mentioned.
Tauranga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I traveled from Tauranga to Napier and was stuck in traffic so ended up being a five and half hour trip. On arrival at the Quality inn i was greeted by an extremely rude receptionist who had a very poor attitude towards my custom. I was handed my key and told where i would find my room in a very poor manor....
On finding my room, it backed out onto a very busy road with lots of road noise, a kettle that wouldn't boil unless the switch was held down, long black hairs in the shower & bed that wasn't clean!

On the balcony i found 3 used milk containers on the floor & the table was very dirty.

The booklet in the room had no mention of the Cobb and Co restaurant attached to the motel.
Later in the evening i called reception and spoke to another lady who was extremely helpful and explained there was a local Thai Restaurant that i could use and charge back to the room as they deliver to and also the local RSA which i could also use.
Why wasn't i told this when i first checked in??

The dirty bed wasn't that comfortable and woke up feeling like i hadn't slept .

On check out i was greeted by the rude receptionist again and she grunted i had Thai that was charged back, not oh how did you find the meal, did you enjoy it etc...

I find it very hard to understand why this person has a job on the front desk if there are no customer service involved.

I travel alot with my job and have to say this is an experience that i won't forget in a hurry and no i won't be going back here either for ALL of the above reasons...

Room Tip: Find another motel...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I was unaware that your journey had taken you 5 ½ hours so I can understand that you would have liked to have been offered you’re room immediately. Our check in time is 2pm but we always endeavour to offer a room that has already been cleaned at anytime, unfortunately due to a busy weekend I wasn’t able to do this and the quickest time I could get you into the room was 11.54am.

I had no idea that you would have preferred a quieter room, or that the kettle did not work or that there were hairs in the bed and the shower, had you made me aware of this I would have moved you immediately and dealt with the problems. I wasn’t made aware of the problems until reading your comments.

Unfortunately Cobb & Co restaurant are in the middle of receiving new menus, so we have had to take all of the old menus out of the compendiums in the rooms to make way for the new ones.

I asked you if you had dined at the Thai restaurant, this was just to make sure that you had and they hadn’t charged it to someone that they shouldn’t have.

You were not happy with me because I had charged you for the extra internet that you had purchased; you stated that this was to be charged back to the company where as in fact the company would only allow charge back for the room + meals. Companies are very strict on what they will and will not pay for.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

The check-in staff member was friendly and helpful when we arrived, which was a pleasant start. We checked in to our room and noticed an odour in the kitchen, but were unable to figure out what it was. My husband noticed hair on the bathroom floor and in the bath, which meant the idea of having a spa bath was out of the question. Rather than focus on the negative, and thinking that this was as bad as it would get, we went out, and enjoyed dinner in town.

On return to the motel we again noticed the smell in the room. On the bench were splashes of dry coffee or tea, which was not from us as we had not made any drinks in the room. The microwave was splattered in something brown, perhaps an overheated drink in the microwave. A quick look in the cutlery drawer also found a sharp knife with crusted food on both sides, with the other cutlery looking grubby.

The worst was still yet to come. We got ready for bed and lifted the covers on the bed. Just for a laugh I peeled the covers right back, only to discover several dark hairs, some looking like pubic hairs, in the bed. It was late, we were tired, and sadly we did our best to clean out the bed and went to sleep. Not a great start to a honeymoon.

The next day I went to reception and reported our issues to the reception staff member, who appeared to listen to our concerns. She offered to move us to a new room, but she did not offer any discount or refund on the room price, which would have at least started to make up for our bad experience.

I do wish I'd checked on tripadvisor first, as I see there are similar experiences documented for this motel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Napier Travel? Share your experiences!