“Alternative to winery visit” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pacific Rim
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Canada
“Alternative to winery visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was a return visit on a sunny afternoon after an absence of one year. As a group of four, we sat outside under umbrella shaded tables. Our group ordered the chilli beef salad, two portions of the salt and pepper calamari salad and the hamburger salad. Both the salads were above average quality for this type of restaurant with the beef and calamari being both tender and tasty. The beef burger was served with fries and, whilst of good quality, was somewhat over-priced. In total, we tasted some 10 of the wide selection of boutique ales and ciders available on tap. Without exception, all lived up to their descriptions.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

72% Recommend
Napier, New Zealand
“Beautiful chilled setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I took our two kids it was lovely but the service was very slow, at one point we thought we needed to go to bar to order as no waitress/waiter had come to us for over 10 minutes, I will say that it was a Saturday and they were pretty busy, once ordered it was close on an hour before we got our meals and if it was just myself and my husband we probably wouldn't have minded as there was live music which was great and relaxing but the kids had lost their patience so of course that made it a little hard to chill.
The food was not great wasn't bad just not great my son had chicken tenders off the kids menu and I was a little disappointed that it was the processed kind. I had the beef salad which had very little flavor with very little beef in it.. My daughter had the burger which she said was the best she had ever had and my husband had rubbery calamari. The beer was beautiful and the kids loved their ginger beer. I would certainly go again as it really is a lovely setting and plus I think every place deserves a second chance. I have rated this as average due to the service but the setting is excellent as is the drinks.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“perfect way to spend a sunny afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you like your craft beers and a good cider then this is a must stop on your journey.
If I had realised how much my partner and I enjoyed sampling the range of cider and beers I would have arranged to be dropped off and picked up, as the temptation to have a glass of each brew was great!
They have great sampling trays (6 drinks) for you to make your own selection, and although we only ordered the nachos to share was more than enough to keep us happy. I really liked the Perry Cider and my Geordie partner was very impressed with the Black Duck Porter. Plenty of seated areas to enjoy inside or out.
Glad we had the chilly bin to take away our treasures that have been well sampled since our visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Taupo
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The boys tried the different beers and all said they were good. 3 (1 female, 2 males) of us shared a platter. It said on the menu it was 4-6 but that might have meant more for a taster rather than lunch which is what we had. It was great, loved the variety and food was fresh. 1 male had the hamburger and said it was really good too. Lovely outdoor setting

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wellington, New Zealand
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

great location in teh middle of hawkes Bay. teh food was nice but the beers and ciders were the best! you can go for a pint or get a rack of 6 glasses and try different variety of beers and ciders. we had one of each and we were not disapointed! to be done. They have tables inside or outside. really perfect for small or big parties!

Visited January 2013