“Best Food I have eaten” 5 of 5 stars

Description: 06 844 2760
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Best Food I have eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wonderful food, so very very tastey. Lovely friendly service. Tastefully decorated Thai theme. Had a great night 8 of us in total, so much food, and it was all so really tastey.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hastings, New Zealand
“Worst Thai Meal Ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been to Thai Lotus a number of times and we decide on this particular night to go to Thai Lotus rather than our other favourite because I really love (or should I say, loved) the curries at Thai Lotus.

The staff, although friendly enough at the beginning, jumped on us with in minutes of sitting down to place our order (the rest of our table hadn't even arrived at the restaurant at this point), they had a large party at the back of the restaurant and made it obvious they wanted our order done so we would leave. WE actually had to ask them to leave us alone so we could decide.

Oncee we ordered our meal, it was out in record time, not even 10 minutes.

The food was bland, tasteless, under cooked, we asked for two chillies or medium for every meal, tasted like they just waved the raw chilli over the top of the pot while it was cooking rather than put any in.
We called a waitress over to complain, she just walked off with out saying a word, we called another one over who apologised but there was no offer to replace the dish.

My son ordered fish and chips, the fish was smelly and absolutely horrible. He had to leave it, it was inedible.

We went to pay the bill and asked if there was something they would like to do in regards to the quality of the meal, after saying she has no ability to offer a discount the girl at the counter just glazed over and stopped listening, didn't even have the manners to look at us while we were speaking.

Not only was the food plain the cost of the dishes have increased while shrinking in size, but one thing that was a whole lot more apparent were the garnishes, never have I seen so much broccoli on one plate.

I'm a pretty tolerant and loyal customer but after the last experience I won't be ever stepping foot inside this restaurant ever again, I wish I had stuck with my original plan.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stopped in for dinner and since we did not know Thai food we asked for help. The waitress made some great suggestions and we were very happy when the food came. Clean, mostly quiet and quick service; a winning combination.

Visited April 2013
Napier, New Zealand
“The most disappointing Thai meal we have ever had along with a total lack of interest from staff when we complained twice and al”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were placed at a table right next to the door and counter. Very drafty and customers standing by our table while waiting to be seated or for takeaways. Ordered 5 mains for 4 people and as they had a large crowd in, the food was rushed through and out on the table in less than 10 minutes. Pad Thai was ok though rest of dishes which were ordered medium, were sweet to the extreme, bland, tasteless and undercooked. Potato in lamb Massamum was hard and meat sliced wafer thin. Overall, lack of meat was quite apparent. Masses of garnish with contents of the selected dish minimal. We rarely leave food but this time we were glad to leave it as it wasn't worthy of a doggy bag. We spoke twice to staff who listened and then just walked off never to return. When paying the account, we raised the issue again and were told that we could not have a discount as compensation, as the girl would have this deducted from her wages. They were NOT remotely interested. We are long term locals and will NEVER return to this pseudo Thai restaurant. As a final insult there was a $2 Misc charge which they could not explain and we ended up paying it to keep the peace. Our advice from long term dinning experience is go to Bangkok House or Sri Thai where the food is top quality and genuine taste and give Thai Lotus, Taradale, a wide berth.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Excellent restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I chose Thai Lotus on the basis that they cater to food allergies. I love Thai food but unfortunately can't eat out often due to a shellfish allergy. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. The chef was able to cater to me and the red curry I had was fantastic and very ample portion. The wine was also great. They also have a children's menu which keeps the unadventurous children happy. The small fish and chips was a very generous serving and very much enjoyed. Overall a very pleasant dining experience and will definitely return. Thank you for a great dinner!

• Visited January 2013