“Best hot chocolate in the Bay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe DMP

Cafe DMP
80 Dickens Street Napier City Centre Napier City Hawkes Bay, Napier 4110, New Zealand
+6468344674
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 135 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Extensive Breakfast and Lunch Menu. Wide range of healthy sandwich and salad options. Dedicated children's menu. Toilet facilities on premises. Baby change table in bathroom. Six (6) baby highchairs available. Disabled access. Bookings welcome. Catering available.
Napier, New Zealand
“Best hot chocolate in the Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great ambience, wonderful, cheery staff, all gel to make this a great spot for breakfast, mid morning cuppa or relaxing lunch. A well constructed menu with plenty of old favourites plus novel items with the odd twist. An even better experience outside where you can enjoy the Hawke's Bay sunshine.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Consistently good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I go here once a month whilst in Napier for business- always quick, always pleasant. Pretty good range of options and conveniently located. Standard cafe faire, delivered with a smile!

“YUMM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

What a bustling little cafe! There was not a spare seat in the house, and once a table departed it was quickly filled. Quick service and delicious coffee. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Hunger Buster meal was divine and a perfect way to start and end the day!

Visited May 2014
Napier, New Zealand
“perfect weather, perfect spot, great coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

thanks DMP for a great macchiato this morning, was strolling past and couldn't resist parking up at one of your sun drenched tables to enjoy a coffee, the excellent customer service just topped it off. Highly recommended to anyone who appreciates a quality brew.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Not worth a revisit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The food was uninteresting and some of it from day before and needed heating to freshen.the service was appalling. It was 3.10pm on a Tuesday and people were sitting still eating and I asked for a coffee and was told it would have to be in a takeaway cup . I explained I was going to be quick but was told that they wouldn't do it.having owned my own resturant I would shut the doors if I didn't want to wash another cup . however found a lovely deli behind them who went right out of their way to appease me even though they were bringing in their chairs to close.So happy I found a lovely place with lovely cakes and coffee with great service.

Visited May 2014
cford77, Owner at Cafe DMP, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hi Susie
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and to provide us with valuable feedback.
We are sorry that your experience at Café DMP was not to your liking.
Unfortunately at the time of your visit last Tuesday we were closing due to a scheduled installation of our new coffee machine at 3:45pm that day. That was the only time that the installation was able to take place. Your visit was actually closer to 3:40pm as I was in the kitchen cleaning when a staff member told me that a potential customer (you) had walked out very disappointed when told that we could only squeeze in take-away orders at that time as the machine was in the process of being cleaned and shut down in order for the new machine to be installed. I sincerely apologise if this was not explained to you appropriately by the staff member that you spoke with and if you were unduly inconvenienced.
However, I must say I am surprised at your comments regarding our "uninteresting" food and that you believed the food was from the day before and needed "reheating to freshen". This is particularly surprising as you walked out of the café without purchasing anything at all. Incorrect speculation and unnecessary derogatory comments on a forum such as this from another restaurant owner (as you have stated you are in your review) is quite disappointing. Our food is baked fresh daily and we regularly receive many positive comments from customers as you can see from the majority of reviews on this site.
However, we once again apologise that you were inconvenienced on that day. Should you wish to re-visit us ever again, I would be more than happy to meet with you, apologise in person and offer you a complimentary coffee.
Kind regards