“Mothers Day brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Mothers Day brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Lovely atmosphere here. very consistent. However last year a brunch menu was provided eg. eggs benedict, fritters, mushrooms on toast. Really enjoyed that but this year it was a formal menu and more lunch, dinner menu. Megan provided nice service. Due to pricing etc would visit for evening meal rather than Sunday brunch.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Whangarei, New Zealand
“Amazing food and the best service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I recently took my mother to Cullens after purchasing a grabone voucher. The duck entre was great and I had fillet steak which was cooked beautifully and my mother had fish of the day. For dessert I had an apple and kiwi crumble and my mother had the panacotte which were lovely The meals were presented really well and I couldn't fault anything. Our waiter was named Cheng and was the most attentive waiter you could wish for. My mothers mobility isn't very good and he went out of his way to help even helping her to the car as I had to double park out side. Thankyou for a lovely night out

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, New Zealand
“Very Nice...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Have not been for years but still remember there camembert and plum source, very nice..

This time was no different, had the duck pancakes while a little fiddly to make yourself they were very nice and the best part of the meal. Also a very large entree compared to the main.

Main was not great, my medium rare eye fillet was cold but the plate was to hot to touch, this was even after waiting quite some time for it to arrive as they forgot about us. They replace the meal without issue but it was still a average main.

Desert well they had run to of the one I ordered, this was still very early in the night so can only assume they ran out the day before and had not replenished their stock. The brownie I did have was nice for a brownie but not what I wanted the peanut butter creme brulee was divine.

Service was good and very apologetic with all the mistakes from wrong orders to cold meals..
The changes in layout have made the restaurant and bit more intimate that just a large room so good work, decor is pleasant and modern.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
“Very good overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Lovely food, well presented, friendly waiter.
We ordered the pork belly with scallops for entree, Peking duck for 2 for main, and raspberry brownie for dessert.
The entree and dessert were amazing...highly recommend.
The Peking Duck was very nice, but not quite as amazing as the other two dishes.
Very yum overall!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fantastic food, Great Service (We felt valued)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Wow what an experience I am a cook and a very fussy patron. Friday night in the Tron we checked out the menu and were seated straight away. Our waitress who I didn't ask her name was exceptional funny, personable & knowledgeable about the menu/wine we left her a $20 tip. My mum had the bluenose with clams which she raved about and I had the eye fillet cooked to perfection how I like it med-wellish and not how the chef thinks I should eat it. Dessert....wow!! Mum had the chocolate ginger mousse YUM and it was beautifully presented and I had the salted caramel ice cream with a liqueur over the top that was lite and yum.

We left Cullen's thinking we would be back and felt very happy handing over our money well spent.

• 5 of 5 stars Food