“A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Agenda!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 205 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Pacific Rim
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Agenda Restaurant, contemporary New Zealand cuisine. Top quality New Zealand meats and produce used to create a mouth watering range of New Zealand flavours, to be enjoyed in our warm, comfortable, relaxed restaurant. Accompany our inspired meals with a world class New Zealand wine or lager and let our friendly team look after the details. Savour the flavours and ambience of an Agenda experience, contemporary New Zealand cuisine at its finest.
“A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Agenda!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This restaurant really does have the "WOW" factor. It deserves to be in Hamilton's top 10, and should be even higher up the list than it currently is!

My husband and I dined here for the first time as a treat to celebrate Valentine's Day (which was actually the day after Valentine's due to work commitments).

We don't usually get entrees, but the choices offered were so appealing that we had one entree each and shared both. We got pork belly, and fried camembert with plum sauce which were both absolutely delicious (it was nice to see camembert still on a menu somewhere these days as it's an old favourite of ours!).

We were given a complimentary sorbet palate cleanser after the entrees were cleared, which was a very nice and refreshing.

Due to reading previous reviews we both decided to get the Deconstructed Beef Wellington. It was absolutely devine, and as close to perfectly cooked and "melt in your mouth" as a good steak can be.

The presentation of all dishes was superb, and even though the meals weren't huge we both felt as though we had had enough to eat by the end of the main. This meant that we couldn't even think about ordering anything off the desserts menu so settled for a chai latte each instead - also nicely presented and served at just the right temperature!

The service given by the wait staff during the entire evening was friendly and welcoming, without being intrusive.

We would highly recommend anyone to go to Agenda for a memorable meal, particularly if it is for a special occasion.

(The only minor issue with Agenda is that I was asked if we were booking for a late Valentine's Day dinner when I rang, and I confirmed that we were. The person who took the booking then said something like we'll do something special for that but our table was the same as everyone else's and we had nothing complimentary given as a "special" - but apart from that it is hard to find fault with Agenda!)

• Visited February 2014

Tauranga
“Excellence on all levels.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We have dined here several times and have always enjoyed the extensive menu.The meals are cooked and presented beautifully. The staff are well informed on menu and wines, and they make any occasion special. Recommend the specialty coffees and cocktails too.

Visited January 2014
“Birthday Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband took me for dinner here to celebrate my birthday and I have to say we both thought that the food was fantastic. My husband had Calamari entree and I had Scallops and for mains I had the Deconstructed Beef Wellington and my husband had the pork. Both pieces of meat were cooked to perfection in fact I would go as far as to say it was the most tender piece of steak I have had. The service was good. The only thing I think let it down was that the restaurant looked a little tired and lacked atmosphere, but in saying that however, it was Friday night right slap bang in the middle of the holiday period.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“Great food, service and prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I took my fiance here for dinner on his birthday and we were both very impressed with the service and the food, my partner had the lamb and I had the pork and both meals were scrumptious!

• Visited October 2013
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Excellent food and supreme service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have been to Agenda a number of times now for dinner, and it is now my preferred Restaurant in Hamilton.
The food is excellent (try the mignon!), but what makes Agenda a cut above the rest, is the service. All of the staff are friendly but professional, each of them making you feel like you are the only table they are serving. The wait staff are as skilled as the most swanky of the elite restaurants in Auckland, but without the air of poshness....they are attentive without being intrusive.
The atmosphere is sedate and muted, but also quiet enough and private enough for conversation.
And the Tuesday 2 for 1 mains deals would assist anyone on a fixed income. Where else could 4 people dine from an up market menu, for under $130

• Visited August 2013