“Service beyond words” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Quality Hotel Ambassador

You added The Quality Hotel Ambassador to your Saves list
The Quality Hotel Ambassador
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   86 Ulster Street, Hamilton 2001, New Zealand (Formerly The Ambassador Motel)   |
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Service beyond words”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying here on a recent visit to Hamilton for work. I remember staying here a few years ago and seeing the changes here was amazing! The place has had a makeover in recent times and it has brought this old gem into the 21st century. I stayed in a lovely room in the top of the tower overlooking the swimming pool. The bed was beautiful, the linen crisp and carpets clean and the bathroom immaculate! Such pride is obviously taken in the presentation of the rooms, and after running into a lovely housekeeper in the hallway this was evident. She was more than happy to grab me an extra towel and for me, and even added a couple of extra tea sachets for me after seeing I enjoyed it so much!

The welcome I received was amazing. The young lad on the desk Josh went above and beyond, welcoming me like I was royalty, accommodating me at short notice, and assisting my in getting some faxes sent for a report I needed to get back to my office. He was clearly busy with other guests at the time but I noticed he took care of each and everyone of us who had bombarded him at the time with courteous, and personal service and by the reaction of all the guests, some of whom who looked like they were clearly frustrated by their day, they all appreciated it with the smiles and kind words they left with - well done young man, your experience and professionalism shines and your passion for your work is obvious.

I had a delicious experience in the cafe, with an outstanding breakfast and the coffee was to die for!

Upon departure, I was greeted by the young woman who is in charge of this operation. What a delight. We got talking, business, news, kids, family, everything was personable and I was taken on a tour of the new hotel that has been completed which is amazing in its own right. I'm looking forward to staying there on my next visit.

Thanks for a brilliant stay - keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Request the tower, the higher floors facing the pool offer a bit more quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at The Quality Hotel Ambassador, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Hi jsan56,

Thank you so much for your great feedback on your stay with us! We value all feedback that we get and just love to see stories like yours!

I'm glad that you got to experience all that we have to offer here, we do try to accommodate each and every guest and request that have, and do our utmost to ensure a pleasant stay.

Our guests are our number one priority being in a customer service industry, and we take pride in offering personal, attentive service!!

Thank you again, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Kind regards,
Rawinia Putt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Three of us stayed recently for a business trip.Although there was traffic noise early on this hotel was quiet enough to sleep well. We had a one bedroom unit in which the beds were well spaced.The staff member we dealt with was friendly and accommodating. As we weren't comfortable driving in Hamilto it wasgreat to be able to leave our car here for the day after we'd checked out, and then walk to our business venue.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at The Quality Hotel Ambassador, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hi Ladybug!

Thanks for your review on your recent stay with us - we appreciate your feedback!

I am pleased that you were accommodated well and enjoyed your stay and got a good nights rest. Our location is definitely a high point with proximity to major CBD locations within walking distance, it takes the hassle out of driving in a new town and finding a park!

Thanks once again, we look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.

All the best,
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night and expected a bit of hubbub, but it was extremely quiet with just the barest sound of traffic - in central Hamilton. Great room, very comfortable, spotless beds. At last a decent place to put my suitcase, and a decent sized desk area for my laptop. If this is retro, give me more! Great range of cable channels - fantastic. Staff on reception (both phone and in person) obviously took pride in their work and the Ambassador. Convenient parking, cafe on site (mmm, coffee). A haven. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at The Quality Hotel Ambassador, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi there Hambovisitor!

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay here with us! So glad you enjoyed it and felt comfortable in your Retro Studio! It is a bit nostalgic, yet offers all the modern comforts you would expect. Fantastic news you got to experience the fantastic coffee we have here! It truly is a life saver... trust me :-)

I trust your trip home was a safe one and all is going well for you. All the very best and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're up this way!

Kind Regards
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We booked in as a sports group of 28 - it was perfect - however perfect for anyone travelling, and there was a real mixture of guests. Staff were fantastic even when shifts changed they all knew about us and our requirements - shows good management and attentive staff. There is a great pool/bbq area for everyone to enjoy. We had a mixture of room sizes and everyone was very happy, we had mainly 2 bdrm rooms and they were just great - so spacious - yes they are basic and not 'luxury' but I did not expect anything more then what we got, and it was fantastic value for what we paid for. Plus shops are across the road made life easy! Cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Mel S,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay here with us at The Ambassador.

We are glad that we were able to accommodate your group and that everything went well. We pride ourselves in our customer service and ensuring that everyone one of our team members is aware of all our guests and are able to provide consistent excellent service!

Our location is great for groups such as yourself with easy access to the main roads to get to the various venues around town and having the shops across the road takes the hassle out of sourcing supplies!

Thank you once again, we wish you all the best and look forward to being of service again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to other families with children. My husband and I with our x5 children stayed here over the Christmas period and we received great customer service from the staff who were very friendly and accommodating, first class customer service. We are a big family and the family room we stayed in was very clean and spacious, beds were comfortable. The pool was a highlight of our stay as the children spent most the time in the pool & spa. I'm reading a previous review where it talks about the fence & kids climbing over it, well this wasn't a problem for me with my young children as they know not to climb over fences that have pools!! and children would need a chair to climb it as it seems to high for them to climb. The fence was secure and had a lockable gate and the height of it seems fine. Great location of the hotel been in the city where we enjoyed the display of the city lights all on at night. We are placing this hotel on our list of hotels to visit again. Thank you Ambassdor Hotel for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Great Family Suites.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ambassadorhamilton, General Manager at The Quality Hotel Ambassador, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hi Lanz502

Thank you so much for your review on your stay here with us at the Quality Hotel Ambassador.

It was a pleasure having you and your family staying here with us over the Christmas period, it was great to see everyone having a good time and enjoying the facilities.

We are glad that everything went smoothly and we thank you for choosing us.

Wishing you all the very best.

Kind Regards
Waihi Beach, null, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Would not stay here again. The service was great and very friendly but the stay was let down. The pool is not fenced adequately and needs attention to make it legal, my kids were able to climb over it to gain access to the pool. And the smoke detector was missing from our room. The bed was uncomfortable but clean. Travelling with young kids I will be looking for a motel that puts the single beds in the bedroom not in the lounge, or else puts a tv in the room with the big bed. The room was adequate and clean just very tired. It was a very noisey location, we had to leave windows open due to hot temperatures and no air con so heard all the fun of Hamilton street life on a Saturday night.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Good Afternoon Mike and Family,

Thank you for choosing the Quality Hotel Ambassador for your recent stay in Hamilton.

We appreciate you taking the time to make a review, in turn, making us aware of some issues that you had faced.

I am pleased to inform you that we have had some new fencing erected around the swimming pool so now it is unable to be climbed and can only be accessed by the gate as intended.

The smoke detector that was missing from your room was overlooked when they were all taken down for monthly scheduled maintenance. This was immediately returned once I became aware of this.

I hope this sets your mind at ease, knowing that we take notice of all feedback and appreciate the comments and concerns of our guests to ensure all future guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay.

Best Wishes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Myself and colleagues have been staying at the ambassador this year finishing a project at a waikato plant. Initially we booked online but have since booked directly. We're on a first name basis now, all I have to say is how many of the team are coming and Hannah has our preferred units ready to go that afternoon. The customer service is what makes the place stand out from the rest of Hamilton's hotels and has made my role very simple. The business rooms have everything we've needed, are always clean and while we won't be back again until later next year recommend that corporates passing through Hamilton stay with the Ambassador, Hannah will look after you!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool as it quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ambassador_Team, Front Office Manager at The Quality Hotel Ambassador, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Wendy,
Thank you for choosing The Ambassador as your business’ Hamilton base this year, we’ve really enjoyed having your team stay with us and look forward to seeing you all again in 2014! As a team, we pride ourselves on our high level of customer service and it is always great to receive positive feedback on it. Thank you for taking the time to post a review, your feedback is much appreciated. We wish you and all the team a Merry Christmas and will have your pool-side Business Studios ready for you in the New Year!
Kind regards,
The Ambassador Team

Been to The Quality Hotel Ambassador? Share your experiences!