“Top-5 Meal of All-Time” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 1,295 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: European, International, Bistro
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Description: An Auckland icon situated on the waterfront with relaxing sea views. Combined with superb food and attentive service, a great way to see Auckland.
Madison, WI
“Top-5 Meal of All-Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went to Euro for dinner the first night of our trip across Australia and New Zealand, and the first dinner was the best. We started with the bread with the paprika pork cream. It sounds really weird, but it was actually very tasty.

My wife and I both had their tuna with the mango and crab salad and the hot brandy crab shot. It was PHENOMENAL! Tuna is my favorite food in the world, and this was one of the best preparations I have ever had. The brandy shot was the pure definition of umami. We had the chocolate pudding with the toasted peppermint marshmallow creme for dessert and it was perfect as well. In hindsight, I wish we had just gone back there again the next night.

Absolutely one of the top-5 meals I've had in my life and my wife thought so as well. Fantastic food, good service, and a nice view of the harbour. If you're reading this review, it probably means you're thinking of going there. Do it, and don't even think twice. It was amazing. And get the tuna....

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hi Packer487,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visit. We aim high to impress and we love it when we get it right. We take pride in our work and all comments are passsed onto the team so this is one that will help the team believe that what we are doing is right up there. Thank you for rating us, we are proud to have taken care of you.

Best regards,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Good food and wine, and atmosphere. The desserts blew us away. Our waitress seemed like she was trying to hard, and maybe should just enjoy her job more ?! Will be back in the summer to eat harbourside!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi Tricks 106,

Thank you for your very kind comments, it is really appreciated and will be passed onto the team. We look forward to seeing you again during the summer.

09 3099 866
“An oldie but a goodie.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

A birthday celebration with the girls was very pleasant. Whitebait special all round and the best deserts. Service very good. I have been 3 times this year so must be good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hi tewhau,

Thank you for your comments. The monthly lunch specials are a great way to experience us so keep an eye on the website or our Facebook page for new specials and bring the girls down. Contact me directly direct for me to organise your next visit and I can say hello. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Euro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a wonderful night at Euro. Everything was done very well and have no hesitation in recommending Euro for a memorable night.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hi BJR2013129,

Thank you for your very kind comments on tripadvisor, it is really appreciated and will be passed onto the team. Thank you for recommending us, spread the word. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Auckland
“Overrated, food poor for the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Euro sells the sizzle in the sausage. It has buzz, atmosphere and is the place to be. Busy on a Monday night. But it's not very good. For the fine dining prices you get food that you'd potentially send back at a decent bistro. I took my wife to Euro for her birthday and we were bitterly disappointed. My wife had the chef's signature chicken dish, which was underwhelming, and I had a lamb casserole (thinking a fine dining lamb casserole would be quite something) and it was disgusting. The sauce was astringent and over-reduced and the lamb was fatty and gristly. I contemplated sending it back but the service was aloof and uninterested (high element of too cool for school here) so that wouldn't have been an option. Even paying the bill was an ordeal in terms of having to actively flag people down, remind them that we wanted to pay and leave.

If you like atmosphere and buzz, have a hardy stomach, and aren't too particular about food quality, and enjoy wearing sunglasses indoors, you'll have a great time. If you're expecting a fine dining experience, go elsewhere - there are so many better options for good food in Auckland.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi jwjg,

I am very sorry about your recent visit. We work very hard to make sure that every guest has a great time with us and I am personally disappointed to hear of your experience. I will be looking further into the matters that you have highlighted and dealing with each point accordingly.

Best regards,